X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elsairon
    Adept
    • Apr 2007

Request for Saving Auto-inscriptions

I'm having to re-inscribe my items over and over to match up with my keymap sets every game.

It would be great if my inscriptions could be saved and loaded just like keymaps, which are useful when they match up with the item's inscriptions.
    Last edited by Elsairon; June 2, 2012, 01:38.
  • wuphonsreach
    Rookie
    • May 2012

Or if inscriptions would be 'sticky' from play to play. If I inscribe object X as say '@m1!d!k!v', then I probably want the next instance of that object to be inscribed the same way in my next game based off that save file.

Comment

• Magnate
      Angband Devteam member
      • May 2007

Originally posted by wuphonsreach
      Or if inscriptions would be 'sticky' from play to play. If I inscribe object X as say '@m1!d!k!v', then I probably want the next instance of that object to be inscribed the same way in my next game based off that save file.
      I thought autoinscriptions *were* saved? I can't remember how, but I'm pretty sure the code is there. Dump prefs to file?
      "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Elsairon
        Adept
        • Apr 2007

Perhaps they are and I made a mistake. I'll get back to this when I can confirm or deny this

Just loaded a new char and the autoinscriptions were saved. 3..4.0 RC1. Thanks!
        Last edited by Elsairon; June 3, 2012, 00:52.

Comment

• wuphonsreach
          Rookie
          • May 2012

Maybe I haven't figured out auto-inscriptions yet...

Comment

• fizzix
            Prophet
            • Aug 2009

to autoinscribe access the item with the "~" menu. Inscribe the item there and it will be auto-inscribed.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎