Mage spell Detect Invisible should detect visible as well.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zero
    Apprentice
    • Jan 2008

Mage spell Detect Invisible should detect visible as well.

It seems to be an unnecessary hassle to have two constantly used and essential macros when one would make things much easier and faster.
  • zaimoni
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

There's an item that will obsolete both Detect Monster and Detect Invisible anyway, once you have enough of it.
    Zaiband: end the "I shouldn't have survived that" experience. V3.0.6 fork on Hg.
    Zaiband 3.0.10 ETA Mar. 7 2011 (Yes, schedule slipped. Latest testing indicates not enough assert() calls to allow release.)
    Z.C++: pre-alpha C/C++ compiler system (usable preprocessor). Also on Hg. Z.C++ 0.0.10 ETA December 31 2011

Comment

• Zero
      Apprentice
      • Jan 2008

What are you thinking of? Rod of Detection? I'd still like to be able to cast Detect Invisible without having to cast the level 1 Detect Monsters immediately after it, and not be able to see both sets of monsters at once. Carrying Rods of Detection requires an inventory slot, and while they're fairly light, they do have an associated weight.

Comment

• zaimoni
        Knight
        • Apr 2007

I generally find two Rods of Detection adequate for most purposes, and three overkill. Once the ego items start showing up in conjunction with adequate Identify, having a zoo of empty slots going in isn't necessary. Three or four seems to be enough to maintain decent cashflow, once the home is overstuffed with low-level spellbooks.

Weight is more of a concern.
        Zaiband: end the "I shouldn't have survived that" experience. V3.0.6 fork on Hg.
        Zaiband 3.0.10 ETA Mar. 7 2011 (Yes, schedule slipped. Latest testing indicates not enough assert() calls to allow release.)
        Z.C++: pre-alpha C/C++ compiler system (usable preprocessor). Also on Hg. Z.C++ 0.0.10 ETA December 31 2011

Comment

• aeneas
          Adept
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by zaimoni
          I generally find two Rods of Detection adequate for most purposes, and three overkill. Once the ego items start showing up in conjunction with adequate Identify, having a zoo of empty slots going in isn't necessary. Three or four seems to be enough to maintain decent cashflow, once the home is overstuffed with low-level spellbooks.

Weight is more of a concern.
          I'd say that, in V at least, once you are deep enough to be likely to have 2 rods of Detection you aren't likely to need much money. About all you can do with it at that point is buy out stores, and I'm not sure I think that is a great mechanic anyway.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎