• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prh182
    Rookie
    • Sep 2011

Ranger Extra Shots

I have a level 36 Hobbit Ranger.

Been using the same light crossbow of power, beefed up some, that wormtongue dropped back at like 400 ft. I thought rangers were supposed to extra shots at some point, but I still only get 1/round?

Do you only get extra shots with bows??? Kinda crap in my opinion because if you think about a true marksman he should be able to take out monsters with head shots using rocks..LOL

P.S. Ran into my first gravity and time houds (seperately).....who ever came up with them is just sick!
  • dos350
    Knight
    • Sep 2010

i think its only with bows
    ~eek

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

• Derakon
      Prophet
      • Dec 2009

Yep, bows only.

And you can blame the original devs for gravity and time hounds; they've been in since the beginning.

Comment

• fizzix
        Prophet
        • Aug 2009

yup gravity and time hounds are way overpowered. So overpowered that they force the 'player gets first move on new level' rule.

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

Plasma hounds have an only slightly lesser capacity for instant death, since they can knock you out. Ditto grand master mystics, though I suppose they do start out dozing. If summoned monsters didn't start with 0 energy then a quylthulg of any stripe could be instant death (though nexus only by teleporting you to something more dangerous).

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Derakon
            Plasma hounds have an only slightly lesser capacity for instant death, since they can knock you out. Ditto grand master mystics, though I suppose they do start out dozing.
            And any pair of major not-so-uncommon breathers, Gelugons, Dracolichs etc.

If players would not get first move, then there are myriads of monsters that can kill him in single turn because current vanilla doesn't try to put you in the safe position.

I remember one case in a bit older angband where I descended stairs next to death mold. By that time only breathers and spellcasters had restriction not to use distance attacks and melee was allowed as soon as you arrived to level. I survived but 9x disenchant attack was not something I want to get again (death mold is ever vigilant, moves at speed +30 and I was under +10). If that Death Mold had been GMMystic I would have been dead.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎