X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chud
    Swordsman
    • Jun 2010

An FYI - initial warnings on startup

Just an FYI - I don't know that this indicates a problem - I just created a new character in the most current nightly, and when finished creating the character but before being dropped in town, I get the warning:

Warning! Couldn't get appropriate power level on artifact.

So far everything seems to work fine though. (This is with randarts on.)

In 3.2.0, I've also sometimes gotten a string of warnings before a new game shows me the town -- I didn't capture the exact text, but the gist of it was "Not enough boots! Starting over. Not enough shields! starting over." etc. This does not always happen, but has happened more than once.

I haven't noticed any actual problems in the game after this, so I'm guessing it's just informing you of something the game can then fix itself, but just in case anyone would like to know about it, here you go. :-)
  • Spacebux
    Adept
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Chud
    Just an FYI - I don't know that this indicates a problem - I just created a new character in the most current nightly, and when finished creating the character but before being dropped in town, I get the warning:

They're just warnings..

They are pointing out the first iteration of object generation did not build enough of xxxxx items, artifacts, whatever. So, it sends a Warning message, and recalculates a 2nd or 3rd time.

I.e., don't worry about it.

-SBux-

Comment

• myshkin
      Angband Devteam member
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Chud

In 3.2.0, I've also sometimes gotten a string of warnings before a new game shows me the town -- I didn't capture the exact text, but the gist of it was "Not enough boots! Starting over. Not enough shields! starting over." etc. This does not always happen, but has happened more than once.
      The randart generation process reports these warnings. You can safely ignore them.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎