X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jothar Hillpeople
    Rookie
    • Nov 2007

Golden Crown of Gondor

The ID in the game says it was a circlet brought over by Elendil. That doesn't seem to be the case. The Star of Elendil was brought over by Elendil. The first crown of Gondor was Isildur's helm. Later they made a new crown, not a circlet but a tall helm. As the star of elendil was a crown not a light source, it seems odd that my character is simultaneously wielding the Star of Elendil and the Crown of Gondor.

Then again, the movie turned the crown into a small circlet. I guess you can wear the Crown of Gondor while wielding the Sword of Arwen...
  • andrewdoull
    Unangband maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Jothar Hillpeople
    The ID in the game says it was a circlet brought over by Elendil. That doesn't seem to be the case. The Star of Elendil was brought over by Elendil. The first crown of Gondor was Isildur's helm. Later they made a new crown, not a circlet but a tall helm. As the star of elendil was a crown not a light source, it seems odd that my character is simultaneously wielding the Star of Elendil and the Crown of Gondor.

Then again, the movie turned the crown into a small circlet. I guess you can wear the Crown of Gondor while wielding the Sword of Arwen...
    If we made the star, we'd have even less artifact light sources than currently
    The Roflwtfzomgbbq Quylthulg summons L33t Paladins -more-
    In UnAngband, the level dives you.
    ASCII Dreams: http://roguelikedeveloper.blogspot.com
    Unangband: http://unangband.blogspot.com

Comment

• Mondkalb
      Knight
      • Apr 2007

OTOH the normal light sources are a lot better in 3.0.9 (increased light radius or everburning).
      My Angband winners so far

My FAangband efforts so far

Comment

• Jothar Hillpeople
        Rookie
        • Nov 2007

I'd be happy if they gave the Arkenstone back its clairvoyance that I remember from PC Angband 1.4. Alas, it was removed for "balance" reasons.
        Why not add a silmaril as a light source?

If i can wield the Helm of Hammerhand, why can't I wield the Girdle of Melian?

Its clear from the LOTR movie that orcs save-scum. I saw the same Orc in multiple situations.

Tolkien was never sure of how exactly Glorfindel made his return appearance...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorfindel

...maybe somebody should have told Tolkien about savescumming. Maybe that's why PJ replaced him with Arwen, who never did anything worse than marrying her first cousin (65 times removed).

Gandalf savescummed, but he used wizard mode and his file was marked as such.

Once I'm on the topic of the movie, why not replace the non-canon Rogrog the Black Troll with the Cave Troll of Moria? He exists in the book too, just not in such prominence. Even Tolkien purists would find themselves saying "they have a cave troll!" when they see him.

I shouldn't post when I'm so tired. Leads to Flame of Udun wars...

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎