• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khazad7777
    Rookie
    • Jan 2011

Dwarven Adamantite Plate Mail lowered SP

Hi everybody,
    I was playing yesterday and found a set of Dwarven Adamantite Plate Mail @ Dl 25 (extremely lucky I know).. However.. I'm playing a Paladin and when I put it on it lowered my SP from 29 to 4. I can't see any reason why it did that. Can anyone shed any light on it? Also did they up the Armor Values in 3.1.2? The Adamantite went from 40 to 80.
  • Jude
    Adept
    • Nov 2007

I've heard of wearing too heavy of armor knocking down your spell points by a handful, but never by that much. Have you *ID*'d it? Does it have some kind of effect (one I don't know about) that makes it reduce SP?

Comment

• khazad7777
      Rookie
      • Jan 2011

I haven't found an *ID* yet. It does say that the armor is heavy when I put it on but it only lowers my speed by 1.

Comment

• Derakon
        Prophet
        • Dec 2009

You have a weight limit on armor. For every pound over the weight limit, you lose one SP. Or something along those lines. That's what the message about the armor being heavy is warning you about.

Get some more WIS and levels and the armor should be usable even with the mana penalty. Or if you're using other heavy armor too (check your shield) that doesn't give anything useful, you can drop that to get some SP back.

Comment

• khazad7777
          Rookie
          • Jan 2011

I took my shield off (all it was giving me was a.c. and my SP went back up to 13. None of the rest of my armor is all that heavy but the Plate Mail is crazy heavy (42lbs). I'll just use it as a stop gap until I find some artifact armor. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Frood
            Rookie
            • Dec 2007

Actually *id*-scrolls have been removed. If you have identified something you now everything about it.

You can also identify things by trying them out now.

When 'I'nspecting an item that is not fully known you will see the description "You do not know the full extent of this item's power". If you don't see this you know everything about an item.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎