X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faerandir
    Rookie
    • Dec 2010

Randart armor.

Hey everyone, first post on the forums . First of all would just like to say I'm having a blast with the game, and particularly now that I'm aware of randarts, figured those out a couple weeks ago and am loving it and all it's glorious randomness. The one thing I didn't like about standarts was the predictability, knowing you have just the one set to find. Unfortunately I found myself missing that predictability a bit in that I am having a hell of a time finding lower lvl randart armor, of any kind. In standart I could pretty much predict that the third or fourth time I saw a 'Chain Mail [14]' it was going to be Arvedui, a pretty nice armor for it's lvl. Was just curious if this was other people's experience or if I'm having a streak of bad luck is all. This experience coming from getting atleast well into dlvl 30's in randart games and not finding much armor, lots of weapons though.

On a side note my previous character, may he rest in peace :P, found a cutlass of 'Turin', thought that was pretty awesome, and I would assume rather rare, if the names are randomized as well.
  • Magnate
    Angband Devteam member
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Faerandir
    Hey everyone, first post on the forums . First of all would just like to say I'm having a blast with the game, and particularly now that I'm aware of randarts, figured those out a couple weeks ago and am loving it and all it's glorious randomness. The one thing I didn't like about standarts was the predictability, knowing you have just the one set to find. Unfortunately I found myself missing that predictability a bit in that I am having a hell of a time finding lower lvl randart armor, of any kind. In standart I could pretty much predict that the third or fourth time I saw a 'Chain Mail [14]' it was going to be Arvedui, a pretty nice armor for it's lvl. Was just curious if this was other people's experience or if I'm having a streak of bad luck is all. This experience coming from getting atleast well into dlvl 30's in randart games and not finding much armor, lots of weapons though.

On a side note my previous character, may he rest in peace :P, found a cutlass of 'Turin', thought that was pretty awesome, and I would assume rather rare, if the names are randomized as well.
    Welcome. What version are you playing? 3.1.2v2 or a nightly build or something else?
    "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• Faerandir
      Rookie
      • Dec 2010

Yeah I'm playing 3.1.2v2 from the rephial website. Hope I didn't come off as complaining or anything, just stating an observation, seeing if people had other experiences. Thanks.

Comment

• Magnate
        Angband Devteam member
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Faerandir
        Yeah I'm playing 3.1.2v2 from the rephial website. Hope I didn't come off as complaining or anything, just stating an observation, seeing if people had other experiences. Thanks.
        Don't worry, you came across fine. I was asking because there were recent nightly versions were randarts were very common - too common - so they have been tweaked to drop less often. So things are now pretty much back to where they were in 3.1.2v2 - I don't think your experience is unusual. In some games you don't find any artifacts in the top half of the dungeon.
        "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎