X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • takkaria
    Veteran
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by desmondch
    Just dropped back into *banding having had a dry spell for a while, and didn't feel like getting into anything too weird, and having just watched LoTR 1 2 & 3 in quick sucession on a projector at home, was quite in the mood for some V.

I am a '*bander of Weakness' (-2 credibility), as I can't deal with the text style, or crap graphics style *banding, and as such rely on the AngbandTk bunch, or TomeTik.
    Is the "text style" of normal Angband related entirely to the fact that the tiles are never sized properly? Or does it go deeper, i.e. do you make use of the menubar to play the game?

Really, I'm looking for a list of things that you want that current Angband doesn't provide.
    takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• JoyrexJ9
      Rookie
      • Jun 2007

Hope this doesn't count as "hijacking" this thread, but I was about to start another thread on this topic.

I was a Ztk player years ago and miss it dearly, so these days I play V with 32x32 tiles (yeah, yeah, shame on me!) There are a few improvements I'd love to see...
      • Be able to hide the player summary 'sidebar' from the main term-0 window, this means I could move that to another term but with a much smaller font (as playing with 32x32 tiles means the text is HUGE in term-0). Un can do this, this screenshot might explain what I mean better http://files.bencoleman.co.uk/temp/unang_layout.jpg
      • Somehow do away with the increase/decrease tile width settings, this is really obscure for new users, some fixed presets (16x16, 32x32 etc) and a 'custom' setting for advanced users. Sure you can edit the ini file but that's not friendly
      • Some mouse interaction with the other term windows would be nice, i.e. double clicking an item in your inventory list will use/equip it.

Thanks for listening, and it's good to see angband in active development again, thanks guys!
      Ben
      Last edited by JoyrexJ9; June 30, 2007, 16:13.

Comment

• Daven_26d1
        Adept
        • Jun 2007

ASCII rules - if you play under linux in a Konsole or suchlike, everytime you get bored of the look of the game, you give it a fresh breath of life from the 'secret tileset' menu...

...>font>settings!

Tiles can be nice for a change, but far too often I have mistaken a monster for an item or vice-versa; besides, a *lot* of thought and effort goes into making <200 symbols and 32 colours look like a living, breathing, world...

Oh yeah... @joyrex - dblclicking items form inventory in Ztk *does* use them, though I'm not sure at which version# that was introduced.
        Also I only ever played Z precompiled under Win, so possibly its a feature from a patch external to the main project.
        Last edited by Daven_26d1; July 1, 2007, 15:09.
        You sold a Broken Sword (1d2) (-2,-4) {average} (j) for 1 gold.
        The shopkeeper howls in agony!
        You say "Dude, the clue is in the name...".

Comment

• JoyrexJ9
          Rookie
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Daven_26d1
          Oh yeah... @joyrex - dblclicking items form inventory in Ztk *does* use them, though I'm not sure at which version# that was introduced.
          Also I only ever played Z precompiled under Win, so possibly its a feature from a patch external to the main project.
          I know it works in Ztk, I was asking for the feature to be added to V. Asking for new features for Ztk in a V forum would be silly! Besides which Ztk has been dead for many years...

Comment

• Daven_26d1
            Adept
            • Jun 2007

Sorry, it sounded as if you had never seen the feature implemented at all... thought it was a bit odd!
            You sold a Broken Sword (1d2) (-2,-4) {average} (j) for 1 gold.
            The shopkeeper howls in agony!
            You say "Dude, the clue is in the name...".

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎