Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tregonsee
    Adept
    • Jan 2011

I went from 3.09b to 3.2 and the level feelings are different. Is there a list somewhere about these new level feelings?

Comment

• Nomad
      Knight
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Tregonsee
      I went from 3.09b to 3.2 and the level feelings are different. Is there a list somewhere about these new level feelings?
      Here you go.

Comment

• Hariolor
        Swordsman
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tiburon Silverflame
        Ehh...I'm not sure about pre-generating the drops *if* it's going to affect level feelings. You get, say, a Superb level feeling, use !Enlightenment...no vault, no pit interesting enough, no monster...so it's probably an item. OK, you decide, the level's pretty much worth checking extensively.

So you do. Nope, nothing dramatic.

Do we really want to say, OK, go clear *all* the rubble until you find it (and/or clear all the monsters still alive that have drops)...or forget about whatever was causing the feeling. Damn sure hope you've got Preserve Artifacts on.

Either way, it feels potentially tedious.

If it doesn't affect level feelings, there would still be the issue in No Preserve mode. In No Preserve, artifacts 'carried' but never dropped, should be preserved...otherwise, playing No Preserve is just too much of a pain.
        I would think that if any level takes too long, regardless of how good the feeling is, I'd just leave. It's really not worth the risk of hanging around clearing levels. If something isn't relatively easy pickings, it's likely not worth finding.

Now, if level feelings gave a lot more detail in terms of items, such that I could reliably know I'd find something out-of-depth-good, I'd be tempted to stick around. But I don't personally think giving that much info beforehand would be much fun.

So I guess I don't see your point, Tiburon. If you think digging up all the rubble on a level is a hassle, then don't. You'll find another good item soon enough anyway, unless, as you say, you have preserve-off. But then that's your own fault for being masochistic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎