X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • APWhite
    Adept
    • Jul 2007

Object Stacking bug 309

Anyone else notice an object stacking bug in 309? I found that I was picking up !CCW and had 2 piles of them in my inventory. One pile was qty 5 and the other was qty 11. I tried dropping some from each pile and picking them up, and they would return to their respective piles. These potions did not have any inscriptions on them (none visable, anyway). I don't remember if they had inscriptions previously and later erased that inscription.

I noticed this same stack bug with some Staffs of Teleportation. Same type of thing, when dropping a staff into the home, the exisiting home stack would not absorb the new staff, leaving me with 2 stacks of staves.

Is this a known issue, or did you want to me debug it.?

APWhite
    St George Chiropractor
    Angband Borg Homepage
  • Atriel
    Apprentice
    • Aug 2007

Something like this happened to me and to some other people.
    It may be related to identify / *identify* flags... someone already couldnĀ“t
    stack mage books because half of them were identified and half werent.
    Try the debug object examination to confirm this!

Comment

• ish
      Rookie
      • Aug 2007

I had the same issue a while ago: Item stacking prob

Seems as if takkaria has not yet found time to look at that.

I guess the issue results from upgrading with a pre-3.0.9 savefile to 3.0.9. After a while, all the pre-3.0.9 items in my inventory were used up and everything stacked smoothly again as it should.

Comment

• momo125
        Scout
        • May 2007

I had a similar problem when I transfered a save file over. A few daggers in shop and Phase door were called indestructible and wouldn't stack. When they were used everything went back to normal.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎