X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tummychow
    Apprentice
    • Sep 2009

Lag from flash drive

When I play Angband (3.1.2) off of my flash drive, it lags like crazy. Just navigating the store menu takes forever. Entering a store or selecting items takes a while and so does the actual exit process (saves happen pretty fast but then it takes some time to actually exit the program). But mundane tasks like moving around work fine. In addition, it works fine off of HDD. Perhaps it's just because my flash drive is really slow, but this didn't happen with 3.1.0 (the last build I played). What's up?
  • d_m
    Angband Devteam member
    • Aug 2008

Oh, I wonder if some of Magnate's store debugging logs are still being written...
    linux->xterm->screen->pmacs

Comment

• takkaria
      Veteran
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by d_m
      Oh, I wonder if some of Magnate's store debugging logs are still being written...
      Yes, they are. Magnate, would we be OK to turn them off for a bugfix release of 3.1.2?
      takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• tummychow
        Apprentice
        • Sep 2009

OK, that explains it.

Comment

• Magnate
          Angband Devteam member
          • May 2007

Originally posted by takkaria
          Yes, they are. Magnate, would we be OK to turn them off for a bugfix release of 3.1.2?
          Fixed in r1930.
          "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• z118
            Apprentice
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Magnate
            Fixed in r1930.
            I'm noticing the same thing with a lag in stores when playing from a flash drive.

What is r1930?

Comment

• Magnate
              Angband Devteam member
              • May 2007

Originally posted by z118
              I'm noticing the same thing with a lag in stores when playing from a flash drive.

What is r1930?
              The svn revision number of the fix. It means that this will be fixed in the next release of 3.1.2 (which will presumably be 3.1.2.19xx, whenever the MacOS bug is fixed).
              "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎