• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcccoss
    Rookie
    • Jul 2024

Seeking Tips for Efficient Gold Farming in Angband

Hey everyone,

I am looking to boost my gold reserves more effectively in Angband. I’ve been exploring various dungeon levels but I am not sure which ones offer the best balance of safety and loot. Does anyone have tips on specific dungeon levels or strategies that maximize gold drops while minimizing risk: ??

Additionally, are there any particular items or enemies that are known for dropping more gold: ?? I’d also appreciate advice on how to handle gold management, like when to spend it versus when to save.

Thanks in advance for your help

Marcoscpq
  • Estie
    Veteran
    • Apr 2008

Are you playing with the default no selling option turned on ?

In that case, the best way to get rich is to play dwarf: those automatically detect treasure nodes and can dig them out without having to use a shovel.
    Also, diving fast is the way to get rich quickly or die trying as deeper veins yield more treasure and on top, the basic shops get better goods in proportion to @s recall depth.

Of course, once you are deep you might as well pick up all the good items which becomes a better source for power than coin the longer the game goes.

If you are playing with selling, dont bother with nodes, but still try to make a living as deep down as you dare and kill harmless monsters that drop loot, like "p" or "d" or some of the weaker undead. They are bound to drop staves and wands which sell for a pretty penny or even dungeon books, if you are deep enough.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎