Borgs crashing intermittently. Are there crash logs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R3g3n3X
    Rookie
    • Mar 2024

Borgs crashing intermittently. Are there crash logs?

My 4.2.5 borgs more often than not start hit some sort of crash 'wall' where they will just stop, nothing out of the ordinary is posted to messages or borg_messages, and the game crashes after about 1-2 seconds. I can't even quickly move or otherwise intervene to avoid a crash. I reload and try to go to a different level in case there is something odd about the level but it invariably happens again, indicating that it is an issue with gear decisions or maybe a similar mob/map layout that causes problems. I have to start another character and hope that I don't hit the problem again. It doesn't happen to all of them, but I'd say about half of them have this issue.

However, I don't know where to look to see what is going in to even report a bug. Can anyone point me to a crash log or otherwise help me figure this out to avoid it?
  • agoodman
    Apprentice
    • Jan 2011

There aren't any logs right now. I always go into debug to see what is going on. The borg should be saving at the start of each level so if it crashes you should be able to fire it up again from where it entered the level and it should crash again in the same spot, assuming we are early in the level. If it does, you could post the save file ... but, as I have said before, there are a lot of borg issues in the latest binary and many are solved in the latest source. Or you could slow the borg down with lots of delays and see what he is doing when he crashes. The more details there are in a post the easier it is to fix issues.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎