X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ish
    Rookie
    • Aug 2007

Auto-squelshing flasks of oil

Is there a setting I missed for auto-squelshing a flask of oil? Since I managed to get a permanent light source I don't need those flasks anymore.

I found almost every item in the "Item Squelsh Settings" except the flasks of oil. Even spikes have their own category...

Maybe you could rename that category and put the flasks in there, too, hmm?

Edit:
    Furthermore it's not possible to distinguish between arrows, bolts and shots. What if I'd like to squelsh all ammo except the type needed for my shooting weapon?
    Last edited by ish; August 27, 2007, 20:11.
  • Daven_26d1
    Adept
    • Jun 2007

Oil is in the "lights" category, along with torches and lamps. Spikes have their own category because they don't really go with anything else. I think a misc. category has been suggested, for oil+lamps, six and two threes really.

I haven't played for a few weeks, but I'm pretty sure you can't squelch weapons at all, that would be silly - you don't know if something is worth taking back to the shop till you have a closer look. Squelching "44 milthril bolts of venom (+12/+12)" is foolish.
    You sold a Broken Sword (1d2) (-2,-4) {average} (j) for 1 gold.
    The shopkeeper howls in agony!
    You say "Dude, the clue is in the name...".

Comment

• ish
      Rookie
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Daven_26d1
      Oil is in the "lights" category, along with torches and lamps.
      Errm, nope. In my "Item Squelsh Settings" (keys: = S l ) it's not listed. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked.

Spikes have their own category because they don't really go with anything else. I think a misc. category has been suggested,
      That was my intention, too.

I haven't played for a few weeks, but I'm pretty sure you can't squelch weapons at all, that would be silly
      You sure can do. Definitely.

You can control this by the settings in the "Quality Squelsh menu" (keys: = S Q ).

you don't know if something is worth taking back to the shop till you have a closer look.
      There are several possibilities for IDing items: * of Perception, scroll of identify, priest-spell of identify.

And being a priest with that spell, the only important stuff for me for selling is ego stuff and - of course - artifacts.

Squelching "44 milthril bolts of venom (+12/+12)" is foolish.
      Maybe. What if I don't need them?

Comment

• Daven_26d1
        Adept
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by ish
        Errm, nope. In my "Item Squelsh Settings" (keys: = S l ) it's not listed. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked.
        Turns out you're right. Lumping oil & spikes together might be a good idea.

You sure can do. Definitely.

You can control this by the settings in the "Quality Squelsh menu" (keys: = S Q ).
        Okay, after reading around the vanilla threads a bit, seems that the squelching was changed between 3.0.8 - 3.0.9. Some people want more granularity, some less. Maybe Takkaria can explain his decisions to you.

There are several possibilities for IDing items: * of Perception, scroll of identify, priest-spell of identify...

...Maybe. What if I don't need them?
        I know how to ID items, thanks - but ammo will be squelched before you know its good if you just squelch all bolts or whatever. And I think you'll find the ego bolts a little more useful for resale than your endeavours in the mushroom business...

Comment

• ish
          Rookie
          • Aug 2007

but ammo will be squelched before you know its good if you just squelch all bolts or whatever.
          I think we misunderstand each other.

I'm shooting with a crossbow and have no use for arrows, shots or pebbles. Therefore I'd like to squelsh them - no matter if it's a Ammo of WhateverThemHurts. I don't need it and like to clean up behind me.

And I think you'll find the ego bolts a little more useful for resale than your endeavours in the mushroom business...
          I knew somebody would pick on me for this.:-D

Selling mushrooms was then, nowadays I stick to more valuable stuff. And ego bolts don't belong to that category.

Comment

• Hugo
            Scout
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by ish
            Selling mushrooms was then, nowadays I stick to more valuable stuff. And ego bolts don't belong to that category.
            Actually, ego ammo can be quite valuable. The 44 Mithril Bolts of Venom(+12,+12) mentioned earlier in this thread would have netted you over 8,000 gp (unless you have lousy charisma and a stingy shopkeeper).

Well, to be honest, they wouldn't because "of Venom" can't be applied to Mithril Bolts, but you get the point
            Best, Hugo

--
            Angband spoilers - now updated for Angband 3.0.8 !!!!!
            Visit http://www.juti.nl/hugo/Angband/Spoiler/index.htm
            --

Comment

• momo125
              Scout
              • May 2007

This is why it would be nice to be able to squelch ammo based on bolts /shot /arrow instead. Another option would be to make items inscribed not destroyed.
              NPP has this option. I don't want to pick up new avg bolts but I may take some from the store.

Comment

• Daven_26d1
                Adept
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by momo125
                Another option would be to make items inscribed not destroyed.
                Inscribing "!k" on your shit will prevent squelch-killing, as of v3.0.9.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎