X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnCW9
    Adept
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by fizzix
    Having just played the competition variant, the quiver greatly changes the approach to the game. I certainly think that it's a very good feature to have in Vanilla, but I would recommend reducing archery damage overall. Archery is overpowered right now for damage, but is kept somewhat in check by the huge slot demands of ammo. This situation is unideal, and a more balanced archery damage system combined with a less frustrating inventory system (i.e. quiver) is probably a good approach. I would also recommend a home quiver.

Once those changes are made, I think artifact ammo can be reasonably made. I'd rather not have individual arrows with large bonuses but small stacks 5-10 ammo with reasonable bonuses. Maybe, along the lines of current damage levels of branded ammo.
    You can also if have the Ammo creation abi;ity you can create your own as I did in t-plus

) 15 Seeker Arrows 'Culen' (4d4) (+18,+8) {90% off}
    It does extra damage from acid, electricity and fire. It poisons your
    foes. It is especially deadly against dragons. It is especially
    deadly against orcs. It is especially deadly against trolls. It is a
    great bane of demons. It fights against evil with holy fury. It
    cannot be harmed by acid, cold, lightning or fire.
    You made it yourself.
    My first legit winner http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=5114

Comment

• miyazaki
      Adept
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by tummychow
      Waitaminnit. You can change the multiplier for shooters in the edits?? Why don't I know about this??
      And are there bolts of holy might in the ego edits? Or are those somehow connected to randarts?
      Either way, just those examples suggest that you'd benefit a lot more from a stack of unusually strong ammo (and we're talking about bows which are already overpowered) than one superpowered 2k damage arrow. At least from my opinion, as an excessive looter, I find that my inventory slots are priceless.
      It was totally legit. You can see my randart launcher here. The bolts of holy might are rare, but they are a standard vanilla ego item. I've seen them two or three times in my years of playing. I wish I had kept one, but they all got destroyed by Morgoth's mana storms. I'd like to find ammo and launcher like that every game, but it's not going to happen.

I wouldn't expect a single artifact ammo to be endgame quality but useful in some games. There are lots artifacts that I just turf when I find them later in the game, but I am ecstatic when I find them early!

Comment

• tummychow
        Apprentice
        • Sep 2009

But how would you modify that multiplier in the edit files?

Comment

• Pete Mack
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Add MIGHT to tha object flags and set the pval appropriately (+2) gets a +5 longbow, such as Bard. Take a look at .../lib/edit/artifactts.txt for examples.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎