X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonada
    Rookie
    • Aug 2009

little help needed

hi all, have a question or two if possible, namely.

it says in the command descriptions that ; is walk with pickup, yet i hit that key and nothing happens. i was assuming that would activate the " you want to pick up a ( insert item here) y/n ?

only way to actually pick stuff up it seems for me atm is shift - g, is this working as intended?

secondly, how in the lords name do you turn on the sound?

cheers,
    Gonada
  • Atarlost
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2007

The discription is unclear. There's a variable called pickup or something similar. It's set in the options screen. If it's true walk with pickup will pickup and walk (flip pickup) will not. If it's false their roles are reversed.
    One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to bind them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness interrupt the movie.

Comment

• gonada
      Rookie
      • Aug 2009

thank you, that helped a bit, and i had to bang my head a bit to clear the cobwebs for the sound

on another completely different note, I remember spending 10 hours to download moria onto my amiga 500 via my brand new 64k modem , something like 20 years ago

cheers

Comment

• Zikke
        Veteran
        • Jun 2008

You can turn on sound by hitting = and going to I believe the first sub-menu and it's the first option (I think)
        A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
        A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
        C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• Mondkalb
          Knight
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by gonada
          on another completely different note, I remember spending 10 hours to download moria onto my amiga 500 via my brand new 64k modem , something like 20 years ago

cheers
          That rings a bell.
          But mine was only a 14k modem. I think I went into town and bought a public domain disk with moria.
          My Angband winners so far

My FAangband efforts so far

Comment

• Pete Mack
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mondkalb
            That rings a bell.
            But mine was only a 14k modem. I think I went into town and bought a public domain disk with moria.
            64K(?) modems are actually pretty quick for modest downloads ( a few minutes at ~5kb/sec.) Even 14K modems run about 1kb/sec, or 500 minutes (3 hours) for 500Mb. (And moria was well under that.)

I think Mondkalb is thinking of 1200 baud.

Comment

• Mondkalb
              Knight
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
              64K(?) modems are actually pretty quick for modest downloads ( a few minutes at ~5kb/sec.) Even 14K modems run about 1kb/sec, or 500 minutes (3 hours) for 500Mb. (And moria was well under that.)

I think Mondkalb is thinking of 1200 baud.

After thinking it over - I couldn't have downloaded it anyway because my first modem was for PC a couple of years later. There was no other way for me of getting Moria than to buy a public domain disk.
              My Angband winners so far

My FAangband efforts so far

Comment

• Arendil
                Apprentice
                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
                64K(?) modems are actually pretty quick for modest downloads ( a few minutes at ~5kb/sec.) Even 14K modems run about 1kb/sec, or 500 minutes (3 hours) for 500Mb.
                I don't get it. 1kb/sec download speed running for 3 hours means ~29MB downloaded. To download 500MB it needs...erm...more than 50 hours...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎