X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • takkaria
    Veteran
    • Apr 2007

A thought

I had a thought just before — character dumps for many variants (and recently V) contain history sections, with turncount/cl/dl on them. It'd be quite cool if someone* wrote an online tool that took a character dump and turned it into graphs of turncount vs clev, clev vs dlev, or dlev vs turncount. Or all three. Then we can compare gradients.

*I might get round to it after 3.1.1. I'm not volunteering anyone in particular.
    takkaria whispers something about options. -more-
  • Nolendil
    Adept
    • May 2007

Sounds cool
    A(3.2.0) C "Angdiira II" DP L:36 DL:44(2200') A+ R+ Sp w:Whip of Westernesse(+10,+10)(+2)
    A Mx H- D c-- f- PV+ s- d P++ M+
    C- S-- I So B++ ac GHB- SQ+ RQ++ V+

Comment

• iggy
      Rookie
      • Jun 2009

Neat idea.

I think I might take a crack at this. I can handle the scripting on the back end and it would give me an excuse to learn how the front end works.

Comment

• Magnate
        Angband Devteam member
        • May 2007

Originally posted by iggy
        I think I might take a crack at this. I can handle the scripting on the back end and it would give me an excuse to learn how the front end works.
        If you are going to do this, please liaise with Pav so that whatever you write works properly within Oook - it would be a shame to have to open another window/go to another site to use it.

Ideally it would just be a "graph" button available when viewing any dump which contains turncount history ... though it would take a bit of work to show multiple dumps on the same graph for comparison ...
        "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• iggy
          Rookie
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Magnate
          If you are going to do this, please liaise with Pav so that whatever you write works properly within Oook - it would be a shame to have to open another window/go to another site to use it.
          That's the sensible approach. I'll liaise like mad.

Originally posted by Magnate
          Ideally it would just be a "graph" button available when viewing any dump which contains turncount history ... though it would take a bit of work to show multiple dumps on the same graph for comparison ...
          With the right libraries installed, it should be pretty straightforward. I think the trickier question is how to display some of the information - linear vs. log for turn count, character level vs dungeon level, etc. I'll probably start out with everything and then scale it back for graphs that the community find useful/interesting.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎