X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daddyrat
    Rookie
    • Jun 2009

import save file

I previously played version 3.0.6 of Angband on Windows and I just installed version 3.0.9 on Ubuntu. I can't seem to find a way to convert and import my existing save file. I don't really want to start this character over.
  • Pete Mack
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by daddyrat
    I previously played version 3.0.6 of Angband on Windows and I just installed version 3.0.9 on Ubuntu. I can't seem to find a way to convert and import my existing save file. I don't really want to start this character over.
    You can't run 3.0.6 save files on 3.0.9 -- there was a big change between those two releases - save file architecture and edit file cleanup. Install 3.0.6 -- it's still available.

Comment

• daddyrat
      Rookie
      • Jun 2009

another question

Thanks, I will probably do that, but I have another question.

I was able to update the file by installing 3.0.9b on Windows and opening the old save file, then saving again in the new version.

However, I don't seem to be able to open the windows 3.0.9b save file with the linux version of 3.0.9b - it is still telling me no save file exists.

I transferred the file using a USB drive (FAT formatted, I'm not sure if its 16 or 32).

Comment

• daddyrat
        Rookie
        • Jun 2009

nevemind

I figured it out - because it is in /var/games/angband/save and is intended to be multi-user, I needed to name my game 1000.<uid> instead of the name of the character like it was in Windows.

Thanks again for the heads up about the version incompatibility and for the quick response.

Comment

• Pudil
          Rookie
          • Jul 2009

3.0.9b to 3.1.0beta

Hello

I tried use save files from 3.0.9b in 3.1.0beta but i get this message

"Error (Save file to old) reading 3.0.10 save file."

Isn't it possible to use save file from 3.0.9b in this new version ?

Comment

• takkaria
            Veteran
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Pudil
            Hello

I tried use save files from 3.0.9b in 3.1.0beta but i get this message

"Error (Save file to old) reading 3.0.10 save file."

Isn't it possible to use save file from 3.0.9b in this new version ?
            No, sorry.
            takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡