X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • takkaria
    Veteran
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Faust
    Cool. I've got the nightly installed at work but still running PR1 at home should bring them both upto date I suppose otherwise I'll get confused as to what has and hasn't been done.
    What will be fixed as of tonight's nightly (1st July) since 3.0.8pr1:
    • "=g" will work again on objects
    • new object pickup scheme which I hope will work better for everyone, revolving around the options pickup_detail and pickup_always (old query_floor and pickup_always)
    • failrate change of amnesia is noted on the browsing and casting screens, and CCW cures it
    • item destruction takes 0 time
    • 'n' works again

All the bugs that have been repoted about are now filed at dev.rephial.org. As these get fixed, they'll move from "Resolution: none" to "Resolution: fixed".

If you file a bug yourself, then please give your forum ID rather than your email address, and try to be succinct with steps to reproduce the problem. (e.g. "099k-y no longer works") Also, include whether things worked in 3.0.7s if you know that, and if you're using a nightly, what date it's marked as.

Thanks! Now I start to really understand why public bug systems are useful...
    takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Rubbishbook
      Rookie
      • Jul 2007

When I use angband in an xterm and use -mgcu, I have to press esc twice, for every time I want to press it once. I don't know whether this is an xterm thing or a bug in 3.0.8pr1. 'Tis fustratin'!

Comment

• pav
        Administrator
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Rubbishbook
        When I use angband in an xterm and use -mgcu, I have to press esc twice, for every time I want to press it once. I don't know whether this is an xterm thing or a bug in 3.0.8pr1. 'Tis fustratin'!
        It's a feature. ESC have a special meaning in the terminal. You can use backtick key instead...
        See the elves and everything! http://angband.oook.cz

Comment

• Faust
          Adept
          • Apr 2007

2007-07-01 nightly

I have auto squelch and hide squelchable items both on and things I have set in my squelch list are niether hidden or marked {squelch}.

When blind money found is added to inventory see a) below.
          edit: I can't do anything with it all actions involving my inventory just ignore it and start at b).
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Faust; July 3, 2007, 01:08.

Comment

• Faust
            Adept
            • Apr 2007

2007-07-01

Currently playing a half-troll warrior with a CHR of 3. When attacked by a rot jelly it says you feel ugly and CHR goes yellow even though CHR doesn't go down as it can't drop below 3.

Comment

• Homsar
              Rookie
              • Jul 2007

Macro question, menu note

First off, I'm VERY happy to see so many features going into Vanilla.

One minor gripe about menus: In the Options menu, I have to press upper-case letters to activate the options with letter prompts (e.g. shift-M to interact with macros). This baffled me at first. I think it would be more intuitive if lower-case letters also triggered the menu options...at least in a case like this where there's no ambiguity (there's an M option and there's no m option). Or, if we could change the options menu prompts to be lower-case letters...

I'm having some trouble defining macros. I defined my usual first macro (backtick triggers \eR&\n), and that works fine. But then...

I tried to make F5 cast detect doors (\em0g, where Beginners Handbook is inscribed with @m0). The macro trigger shows up as "^_", no matter which function key I use. And now F5 casts the spell...but it also triggers other actions (refilling my torch!)

How does one query a macro? When I'm querying a macro, I hit the trigger key (e.g. backtick), and the prompt just sits there, until I hit ESC, at which point I'm dumped back to the menu.

(I'm running the precompiled binaries for Windows, version 3.0.8pr1)

Comment

• Elsairon
                Adept
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Homsar
                First off, I'm VERY happy to see so many features going into Vanilla.
                [snip]

I'm having some trouble defining macros. I defined my usual first macro (backtick triggers \eR&\n), and that works fine. But then...

I tried to make F5 cast detect doors (\em0g, where Beginners Handbook is inscribed with @m0). The macro trigger shows up as "^_", no matter which function key I use. And now F5 casts the spell...but it also triggers other actions (refilling my torch!)
                The bug has been noted and reported for fixing. IIRC next pre-release. You can check and see current state of development *blow by blow* at http://angband.rogueforge.net/trac/

Comment

• takkaria
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Elsairon
                  The bug has been noted and reported for fixing. IIRC next pre-release. You can check and see current state of development *blow by blow* at http://angband.rogueforge.net/trac/
                  http://dev.rephial.org/trac/ is what you should really point at, since the former might disappear at some point... otherwise, they're identical.

Comment

• takkaria
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Faust
                    I have auto squelch and hide squelchable items both on and things I have set in my squelch list are niether hidden or marked {squelch}.

When blind money found is added to inventory see a) below.
                    edit: I can't do anything with it all actions involving my inventory just ignore it and start at b).
                    Now fixed as a side-effect of something else.

Comment

• Elsairon
                      Adept
                      • Apr 2007

Noted, Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘