X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malak Darkhunter
    Knight
    • May 2007

General Store

I'm now on level 33, and all the other stores are stocking descent items...except the general store, it's the same inventory since the start of the game, if it wasn't for food or oil, it really wouldn't be needed, it's not stocking any magical ammo, shovels, dosen't buy any mushrooms or lanterns, so what i'm wondering is at what point does it stock better items, or does it keep the same inventory throughout the game?
  • pav
    Administrator
    • Apr 2007

General store have a fixed, guaranteed list of items.
    See the elves and everything! http://angband.oook.cz

Comment

• Malak Darkhunter
      Knight
      • May 2007

That's certainly nice to know, but the store is practically useless for an advanced character, I don't need to go there at all now. I can buy word-o-recall, phase door at the alchemists, I no longer need food, because of satisfy hunger, and I don't need oil or torches, I have the phial of galadriel, witch is usually found during the early part of the game, why not stock it with some valuable items, the deeper you go? That adds more flavour fo the game, gives the genaral store a real point of being there.

Comment

• takkaria
        Veteran
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Malak Darkhunter
        That's certainly nice to know, but the store is practically useless for an advanced character, I don't need to go there at all now. I can buy word-o-recall, phase door at the alchemists, I no longer need food, because of satisfy hunger, and I don't need oil or torches, I have the phial of galadriel, witch is usually found during the early part of the game, why not stock it with some valuable items, the deeper you go? That adds more flavour fo the game, gives the genaral store a real point of being there.
        The general store has much purpose near the beginning of the game, and less of it later on. This is by design, not accident. It is, after all, a general store, and you wouldn't expect luxury goods there.
        takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍