X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • takkaria
    Veteran
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Kav
    Here's where my lack of experience kicks in.
    make install doesn't "install" angband the way I was expecting. In fact it didn't seem to move any of the compiled files at all. Was I just supposed to expect to move them to /usr/games/ on my own or something? I thought all I had to do was change prefix to /usr/games/ in the Makefile, but obviously not. And how do I get it to use my old /var/games/angband directory?
    I never used the old autoconf system, and I've never installed the game system-wide, so I don't really know. However, installing over the top of a system-installed package can have nasty consequences. It's traditional to put all machine-specific stuff in /usr/local/ when you have a package manager, to avoid it overwriting or getting confused at altered files.

What I would suggest is not installing it at all, and just running it from ~/angband-3.0.6/ or wherever you happen to have it. Copy your savefiles from wherever debian keeps the savefiles to lib/save/, and carry on playing...
    takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Kav
      Scout
      • Jun 2007

That makes pefect sense. I think I'll also contact the package maintainer and tell him about this. Sorry for all the trouble and thanks a lot for your help

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎