X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larvitz
    Adept
    • Dec 2008

HE Mage Stat Question

Hmmm... do you guys think these are good starting stats for a High-Elf Mage?

STR: 9
    INT: 18/60
    WIS: 9
    DEX: 18/10
    CON: 11
    CHR: 17
    I is the Larva. <3
  • starstealer
    Scout
    • Dec 2008

That's almost what I use for my starting High-elf mage. Basically, I trade out that last point in Intelligence for 2 points in Strength and some extra starting cash.

Comment

• Larvitz
      Adept
      • Dec 2008

Do you use the manual stat building, or the autoroller? ((I would assume you use the manual, because you're specific in your numbers, lol.))

Oh, and what would be the benefits, if there are any, (except the extra carrying), for the extra stength?

-Larvitz
      I is the Larva. <3

Comment

• starstealer
        Scout
        • Dec 2008

I use the point buy - I never really liked the autoroller and once point buy became an option - I switched exclusively to it.

As for the extra strength: extra carrying capacity, greater flexibility in melee weapons, shorter road to multiple blows with melee weapons.

Now, as a HE mage - melee weapons are a small aspect (and even less so now that I've gotten accustomed to using a bow), but really the bonus of the extra carrying capacity is the big one.

Comment

• Paffa
          Scout
          • May 2007

I always use autoroller, gives better starting stats.. I usually specify these as minimum

STR 10+
          INT 18/50
          WIS 3
          DEX 16
          CON 14 or better
          CHA 16

and hope for a good roll

Comment

• Larvitz
            Adept
            • Dec 2008

Yeah, I like the stat buying option better too... it actually lets you make your character the way you want them to be... well a little easier.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna try to use a bow this time around... my mages usually die with daggers, pretty early on, plus I'm always spending my money on other stuff when I'm a mage, so I don't have the extra funding to enchant it.
            I is the Larva. <3

Comment

• Narvius
              Knight
              • Dec 2007

I tend to get 10 STR and one less DEX, if I remember correctly (haven't played V in a while).
              Except that, pretty much the same as mine.
              If you can convincingly pretend you're crazy, you probably are.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎