X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vorondil
    Apprentice
    • Dec 2008

hit dice etc

Is it weird that my dwarf warrior character seems to have about 10 HP less than my human warriors of equivalent level, or were his HP gains just unluckily rolled? (He gained *2* HP levelling to cl3 :-\)
    Now playing Abasorix, half-troll warrior in V-4.0.5.
  • Zikke
    Veteran
    • Jun 2008

It rolls a die and then adds your CON bonus, so if your CON is the same between the two characters you probably just got unlucky on the roll.
    A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
    A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
    C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• RogerN
      Swordsman
      • Jul 2008

Don't worry, your HP ought to catch up as you gain more levels. The game will not your character to roll too many low values for HP gains.

Comment

• starstealer
        Scout
        • Dec 2008

Unless you are unlucky... my 5th level human mage was up to 14hp before he died...

Comment

• buzzkill
          Prophet
          • May 2008

Originally posted by starstealer
          Unless you are unlucky... my 5th level human mage was up to 14hp before he died...
          Mages... defying nature by resisting extinction despite obvious genetic deficiencies.
          www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
          My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• vorondil
            Apprentice
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by starstealer
            Wow.

I intend not to play mages for a long time.

Comment

• pndrev
              Scout
              • Sep 2008

I'd play mages exactly because of this.

Not only is throwing magic spells around with a potential for great carnage good fun, the low hitpoints and the management of yet another resource (spell points) teaches me a lot about tactics in *band. Evading enemies, knowing when and how to retreat, etc.

Comment

• Zikke
                Veteran
                • Jun 2008

I can't play anything besides mages now because I am spoiled by having ID, detects, teleport, teleport other, light room, blink, cure poison, recharge, genocide, massive damage spells, sleep, etc. etc. available any time I want them without rods or staves.

I tried to play a warrior the other day and it made me cry on the inside.
                A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
                A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
                C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• vorondil
                  Apprentice
                  • Dec 2008

To me mage attack spells seem really weak compared to the damage dealt a good melee fighter with multiple blows, =dmg and a fine weapon.

Am I wrong about this? Isn't most of the game with a mage spent using your tricks to avoid combat?

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎