Anyone got any custom color schemes to share?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smbhax
    Swordsman
    • Oct 2021

Anyone got any custom color schemes to share?

With Angband's color editor ("=" for Options, then "c"), you can load a custom color scheme for the game, or make your own.

Does anyone have any color schemes they've made to share? = D

~~~~~~

Brownie

I found some kind of nice honey and chocolate, and changed the white text color to cream.

See https://angband.readthedocs.io/en/la...e-to-find-them for working with .prf files. I use the color editor's b "Dump colors" option to write them to a unique .prf file for storage, and then to my user.prf, so they will load automatically for all characters until I change them again. Before doing that, you might want to dump Angband's default colors to defaultcolors.prf or something, just so you can restore those easily if you want to later.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smbhax; February 4, 2022, 02:39.
    My Angband videos
  • smbhax
    Swordsman
    • Oct 2021

Chocolate Chocolate Chip

Still in the same flavor country, now with doughier colors and more subtle lighting. =d
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smbhax; February 4, 2022, 02:29.
    My Angband videos

Comment

• smbhax
      Swordsman
      • Oct 2021

(backwardsEric's pull request #5286 gives xterm-256color 24-bit-style color accuracy--so no need to do separate 8-bit and 24-bit versions of color schemes any more. = D I've updated brownie.zip and chocchocchip.zip above accordingly, and added tweaks I've made recently to the default red, blue, and green to make them more legible.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blueberry

Mm, blueberries. = d
      Attached Files
      Last edited by smbhax; February 4, 2022, 13:13.
      My Angband videos

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

@smb--
        Blue on black isnt a path I want to go down. It is #1 on list of graphic design no-nos, even before blinking text.

Comment

• smbhax
          Swordsman
          • Oct 2021

Originally posted by Pete Mack
          @smb--
          Blue on black isnt a path I want to go down. It is #1 on list of graphic design no-nos, even before blinking text.
          Cool! = D

Yeah it's funny, the dark blue default blue color in 'bands kills my frequently slightly-photosensitive eyes and is the first thing I have to change, but then I found myself wanting a blue scheme...and somehow these other blues are working for me.

(I tried swapping in a lavender main text color but couldn't seem to get my eyes to be happy there.)

Oooh an Eastern Dwarf in the darker purpley-blue color just ambushed me and that was definitely way too dark, I've updated the zip with a lightened color there.
          Last edited by smbhax; February 4, 2022, 12:03.
          My Angband videos

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍