X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjslates
    Rookie
    • Mar 2021

Ammo Disappears in Single Combat

I'm using 4.2.2 on a MacBook, and sometimes after defeating an opponent in Single Combat using ranged weapons (it has happened at least a couple times with different opponents), the ammo disappears. Normally in the past, any ammo that didn't break, along with any dropped treasure from the monster, shows up in the monster's original location, after leaving Single Combat. But when the glitch happened, all the bolts I fired during Single Combat were just gone after I killed the monster and exited Single Combat.
  • Monkey Face
    Adept
    • Feb 2009

Somebody posted a comment in a recent thread (I believe it was on Paladins) that single combat takes place else where in the dungeon from where you were before it started. As soon as the single combat ends you are transported back to where you were originally, leaving any items you dropped (or in this case shot) remaining on the floor where they were and thus permanently lost.

The recommendation was to take a moment to pick up any arrows you can just before you finish off your opponent.

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Really, archery shouldn't work at all in single combat.

Comment

• Julian
        Adept
        • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Pete Mack
        Really, archery shouldn't work at all in single combat.
        Why archery, and not player spells, or monster spells?

Comment

• Pete Mack
          Prophet
          • Apr 2007

Paladin has no attack spells, so it's not an issue. No need to be even more unfair to monsters ny taking away attack spells, though.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎