X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Selkie
    Swordsman
    • Aug 2020

Have I just deleted half a game?

So I worked my HE necromancer up to clvl 45 yesterday and found some great randarts, dungeon spellbooks and was gearing up for the end fight. I quit the game last night, saving of course.

Once I had quit the game I realised I had an earlier version of the game open in another window. I must have forgotten to close it the day before. So I quit that game without thinking and it also saved.

Now when I load up the game this morning I have the clvl 35 HE necromancer but not the lvl 45.

Have I really lost 10 levels? Can anything be done (except playing them all over again)?
  • Sky
    Veteran
    • Oct 2016

Yep, and, nop.
    "i can take this dracolich"

Comment

• Selkie
      Swordsman
      • Aug 2020

Originally posted by Sky
      Yep, and, nop.
      FFS, I'd just killed Glaurung in a really edgy fight

Comment

• DavidMedley
        Veteran
        • Oct 2019

You could use the debug commands to match your earlier progress. But that keeps you off the high score list. I'm sure there's a hex-edit way to remove that cheater flag, too, or you could just enter yourself into the HoF manually.
        Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• Selkie
          Swordsman
          • Aug 2020

Originally posted by DavidMedley
          You could use the debug commands to match your earlier progress. But that keeps you off the high score list. I'm sure there's a hex-edit way to remove that cheater flag, too, or you could just enter yourself into the HoF manually.
          I'm doing it the hard way. It was painful to begin with, but I soon got into my stride.

The worst part of it all was losing my wonder randart shield with +3 Strength and Constitution and telepathy. But at least I know it's lying out there somewhere, just awaiting discovery

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎