X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hounded
    Adept
    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Tom Warner
    I did not know it was even available in-browser--thank you! 4.2.1 has been working fine on plain Ubuntu so far, I'll see what I can do with 4.2.2 later tonight if I get the chance.
    Been using the Windows build on Ubuntu through WINE for a few versions and haven't had any issues.
    It Breathes. You die.

Comment

• Tom Warner
      Scout
      • May 2021

Originally posted by Hounded
      Been using the Windows build on Ubuntu through WINE for a few versions and haven't had any issues.
      May try that next, thanks--I'm reluctant to mess around with reinstalls and versions while I have a living character, just a bit nervous about something going wrong with the savefile...

Comment

• Tom Warner
        Scout
        • May 2021

Ok BG rules when you get a nice melee weapon--managed to pick up Dagmor and it instantly transformed me from "mostly doing well, but burning through consumables in hard fights" to "shredding everything that dares to challenge me"

Of course I get the sword with the poison brand right before I advance to the level where I can learn the poison brand ritual, though.....

Comment

• archolewa
          Swordsman
          • Feb 2019

Of course I get the sword with the poison brand right before I advance to the level where I can learn the poison brand ritual, though.....
          Someday you will find the Glaive of Pain and it will be glorious. Glorious.

Comment

• Tom Warner
            Scout
            • May 2021

Originally posted by archolewa
            Someday you will find the Glaive of Pain and it will be glorious. Glorious.
            Not today though, I still didn't have free action, thought I could sneak through using Grim Purpose till I found some, and that timed out with a bunch of ghouls in LOS.........RIP.

Playing a Necro now which has also been cool, but are there no items anywhere to detect doors/traps/stairs? I haven't found a single scroll or rod which does that with either of the last characters. Assuming it's a deliberate choice if true, but it makes it a lot harder to dive to the depth you want to be--my necro is CL7 and has not yet dropped down to DL3 on account of having found no down stairs yet.

Comment

• Julian
              Adept
              • Apr 2021

Playing a Necro now which has also been cool, but are there no items anywhere to detect doors/traps/stairs? I haven't found a single scroll or rod which does that with either of the last characters. Assuming it's a deliberate choice if true, but it makes it a lot harder to dive to the depth you want to be--my necro is CL7 and has not yet dropped down to DL3 on account of having found no down stairs yet.
              Traps, no. Doors and stairs, nothing AFAIR outside of mapping effects.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                Prophet
                • Apr 2007

I agree (down) stair detection should be available to all pure casters, directly, via mapping, or perhaps as a side effect of a "seek prey" spell for necros: "You feel there is more beneath your feet."

Comment

• Tom Warner
                  Scout
                  • May 2021

Even like items of Detect Stairs would be cool....for a lot of characters I like to play by diving hard and dangerous and that's way more difficult if you're constantly in need of Magic Mapping and/or Deep Descent to do it.

Comment

• sffp
                    Swordsman
                    • Apr 2020

Originally posted by MattB
                    Only a lunatic would give an un-ID'd potion to a shopkeeper. It will invariably be Life.
                    Likewise, 99 times out of a hundred, an un-ID'd scroll will be Mass Banishment.
                    Better to give Mass Banishment/Life to a shopkeeper rather than consuming them randomly. At least in the shop, you have a chance to buy it back (and when you're low enough to find them, you often have a lot of gold...)

Comment

• Pete Mack
                      Prophet
                      • Apr 2007

what @sffp said. It's easily worth the normal store cost to get ID on high level scrolls and potions. Except, that is, on *acquirement* and !experience.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎