Does your "Luck" influence the probability of getting dungeon towns?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KesTheHammer
    Apprentice
    • Feb 2021

Does your "Luck" influence the probability of getting dungeon towns?

My latest character - Vampire Rohanknight Antimagic Archer, is "Unlucky" as evidenced by a Potion of Self Knowledge.

I was also carrying a Dark Sword of the Morgul - which reduced my luck further for a large part of my Journey.

I did not get a single Dungeon Town in the Orc Caves, Old Forest, Moria, Land of Rhun, or Sacred Land of the Mountains.

Is it related to my luck stat, or is it just bad RNG?

Also, are there any other dungeons that could contain dungeon towns?
  • Estie
    Veteran
    • Apr 2008

I dont think so - its just a small chance of a level being generated as town when you first enter it, independent of anything. But dont quote me

Comment

• Yottle
      Apprentice
      • Dec 2008

I also do not think luck affects dungeon town creation.
      There can be dungeon towns in the Halls of Mandos and the Nether Realm, neither of which will do you any good at this point.
      I have heard all the towns are generated at the start of the game but I don't know for certain. I also have heard the probability of a new town being generated is reduced for each other town that has already been created. So maybe the Halls is full of towns.

Comment

• KesTheHammer
        Apprentice
        • Feb 2021

Originally posted by Yottle
        I also do not think luck affects dungeon town creation.
        There can be dungeon towns in the Halls of Mandos and the Nether Realm, neither of which will do you any good at this point.
        Can a non-lost soul character get to the Halls of Mandos?

Comment

• Yottle
          Apprentice
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by KesTheHammer
          Can a non-lost soul character get to the Halls of Mandos?
          No.

Comment

• AnonymousHero
            Veteran
            • Jun 2007

No. I'm 99% sure the town levels are actually generated[0] at the start of the game.

EDIT: Basically Yottle is right. Probability of more towns is reduced for each subsequent town. (I think that part applies separately for each dungeon, but I'm not sure.)

[0] Well, the thing that decides whether a level will be a town level is. Not the actual level -- that's (re-)generated every time you enter it. Which opens some exploits if you find good potions/scrolls on the floor. Endless ?oArtifactCreation anyone? (Of course there are other ways as well, but...)

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎