X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • half
    Knight
    • Jan 2009

Sil not working on some Macs

On some Macs, Sil works fine. On others, after launching it it quits immediately without bringing up a window or leaving a crash log. All of the machines I have access to work fine, but I'd love to fix this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

If you play it on a Mac, could you let me know if it works for you, and your type of machine / version of OS X / whether you have the DevTools installed? That might help work it out, but I have to admit that I have very little knowledge of Mac-specific programming, so I will probably need some help. Perhaps this has come up in V or NPP?

The strange report about Sil appearing to have two 'main' functions on this page might lead somewhere, but when I tried testing it in gdb (on a machine where Sil works) it only showed one 'main':

• bio_hazard
    Knight
    • Dec 2008

Works for me, MBP (13" i7) OSX 10.7.2. Not sure about devtools- I think they are installed.

fwiw, there's nothing else in it's folder besides the manual and lib folder.

Comment

• Derakon
      Prophet
      • Dec 2009

Works for me, desktop Hackintosh, OS 10.6.8, with devtools installed.

Another thing you could check is if there's anything related in the Console (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app), which can sometimes get output that is otherwise missed.

Comment

• Michael Drinen
        Rookie
        • Oct 2011

Works for me on a MacBookPro3,1 (about 4 years old) running 10.6.8.

I have noticed an unrelated bug that I've been meaning to report. Some ability power numbers are off for special weapons in the special.txt. Daggers of accompaniment give "rapid attack" for example, and I think there are a few other such problems.

Comment

• half
          Knight
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Michael Drinen
          I have noticed an unrelated bug that I've been meaning to report. Some ability power numbers are off for special weapons in the special.txt. Daggers of accompaniment give "rapid attack" for example, and I think there are a few other such problems.
          Thanks for reporting that. I'll probably release a version 1.0.1 on the weekend, with various little fixes including this one and proper sorting on the ladder. It is a pity Daggers of accompaniment aren't working as they are very fun. The other buggy one is weapons of Fury which for a limited time only are giving Knock Back instead of Whirlwind Attack. As you may guess, this is a result of adding an Ability very late in development and not catching all the things that had to update.

Comment

• ghengiz
            Adept
            • Nov 2011

it works fine on my mbp 13.1" i5 lion 10.7.2, with devtools 4.2 installed

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎