Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philip
    Knight
    • Jul 2009

I just played a character who found ogbar, then found a young fire-drake with anguirel, belthrolding and finrod in his stash, so chose that as a moment to get breathed on twice and then roll 9 v 19 evasion, taking 3d21 damage from an attack. Had I been able to snatch Anguirel I could have wielded Hador and survived.

Comment

• taptap
      Knight
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by half
      Thanks for explaining. In that case, everyone can rest assured that fancier deathblades won't be more rare next version.
      Well, I personally never saw such a fancy deathblade, but I have seen today what Delmereth can do. (Subtlety, slaying, concentration and sharpness combined.) In this combination even a good weighted +3 blade looks almost overpowered. I saw, however, no deathblades other than Delmereth in my last game. A surprisingly big problem with deathblades is the weight, I wouldn't bother with a 2.8 lb deathblade even if it had quite a large modifier.

Comment

• taptap
        Knight
        • Jan 2013

I wonder whether examine and look can be collapsed into one command similar to wield / wear or the generic use for all kind of items.

Comment

• half
          Knight
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by taptap
          I wonder whether examine and look can be collapsed into one command similar to wield / wear or the generic use for all kind of items.
          I don't quite understand. Are you suggesting only being able to examine items that are dropped on the ground?

Comment

• taptap
            Knight
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by half
            I don't quite understand. Are you suggesting only being able to examine items that are dropped on the ground?
            No, but using only one key for both. Examine only requires letters and - and / while look only uses the direction keys. It was just an idea anyway.

Comment

• half
              Knight
              • Jan 2009

No, but using only one key for both. Examine only requires letters and - and / while look only uses the direction keys. It was just an idea anyway.
              My guess is that this would be a bit confusing at first, but it is an interesting idea.

Comment

• wobbly
                Prophet
                • May 2012

On a related note, being able to examine items not in the inventory could be useful. At the moment I can see a sceptre of power on the ground (I have loremaster) but I can't remember what it does & I can't examine it at a distance. Interesting, going in to the known item list & hitting recall doesn't work either (nor for the doriath & final rest weapons).

Comment

• taptap
                  Knight
                  • Jan 2013

Current 1.1.1 build for MacOS doesn't work (MacOS 10.6.8 here). Binary shows 2010 date (unlike older builds). It used to work a few month ago.

P.S. I have the odd habit of occasionally deleting and reinstalling programs

Comment

• Fendell Orcbane
                    Swordsman
                    • Apr 2010

Current 1.1.1 build for MacOS doesn't work (MacOS 10.6.8 here). Binary shows 2010 date (unlike older builds). It used to work a few month ago.

I have OS 10.9 and its fine. But I did notice a weird bug. I was on 850 and I went down the stairs and ended up at 950 ft. Also Vanish seems way weaker than it should be...I have 19 stealth and it hasn't worked once : ( Even against Trolls. I'm bumping up my stealth...but that seems really weak.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

Vanish was changed *a lot*. You really need a Stealth like > 20 (maybe way higher) to make it effective. Closing the door and running away isn't enough anymore.

If you notice, some stairs have a darker >...it's a shaft that descends 100ft (instead of 50ft).
                      My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• taptap
                        Knight
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Fendell Orcbane
                        I have OS 10.9 and its fine. But I did notice a weird bug. I was on 850 and I went down the stairs and ended up at 950 ft. Also Vanish seems way weaker than it should be...I have 19 stealth and it hasn't worked once : ( Even against Trolls. I'm bumping up my stealth...but that seems really weak.
                        When did you download your version? (It used to work fine for me too just a while ago.)

Comment

• Darin
                          Apprentice
                          • Jun 2010

I am on 10.6.8 and it works fine. The binary shows a modification date in 2010. Dunno when I downloaded it. Based on the modification date on the zip file maybe January 2013.

Edit: I just downloaded the zip again. unpacked it, and started it up. It ran fine.
                          Last edited by Darin; December 15, 2013, 04:09.

Comment

• taptap
                            Knight
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Darin
                            I am on 10.6.8 and it works fine. The binary shows a modification date in 2010. Dunno when I downloaded it. Based on the modification date on the zip file maybe January 2013.

Edit: I just downloaded the zip again. unpacked it, and started it up. It ran fine.
                            I don't understand it, it used to work fine. I am desperate soon there will be Christmas and I can't play.

Comment

• HallucinationMushroom
                              Knight
                              • Apr 2007

Do any of you guys also torture orcs to find and open secret doors for you?
                              Who needs a few perception points in the early game if you have something pointy and a few orcs around. They run screaming and seem to have 100% perfect knowledge of all door locations.

I nominate this as a Patashu Secret Techź, if not already noted.
                              You are on something strange

Comment

• BlueFish
                                Swordsman
                                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by HallucinationMushroom
                                Do any of you guys also torture orcs to find and open secret doors for you?
                                Who needs a few perception points in the early game if you have something pointy and a few orcs around. They run screaming and seem to have 100% perfect knowledge of all door locations.

I nominate this as a Patashu Secret Techź, if not already noted.
                                I do that every chance it comes in handy, but it's more often unintentional than intentional. They open way more secret doors I didn't intend them to than they open ones I did intend.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎