X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • half
    Knight
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Rainmaker
    Is anyone having trouble downloading/accessing the main game page? Managing to slay my last 1.1 character and was looking to update, but I can't get the site to load.
    Sorry that's my fault with changing hosting for the website. It should be sorted out within 5 hours or so. If there are still problems in 24 hours time, post again here.

Comment

• T-Mick
      Adept
      • Mar 2012

In the Names of the Fallen, how did the character Salle "Escape the iron hells with her task unfulfilled"?

Comment

• Derakon
        Prophet
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by T-Mick
        In the Names of the Fallen, how did the character Salle "Escape the iron hells with her task unfulfilled"?
        Generate the last staircase out of the dungeon, and then drop any Silmarils she was carrying?

Comment

• debo
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

This is especially likely if you tried to take the crown out with you. It's super heavy, and if you put it down to fight some monsters and then have to run without picking it back up again while you're on the ascent, I think you're pretty much screwed.
          Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• half
            Knight
            • Jan 2009

Derakon and debo are correct.

Where is that coming from? Have I accidentally included some scores in the version distributed on the website?

Comment

• T-Mick
              Adept
              • Mar 2012

She escaped after 53 turns. It was in the records as the very lowest scoring character. This is the early January version of 1.1.1, so I have a bunch of scores that came with it. I can't find her now. It looks like only the first 101 scores are saved.

EDIT: Was there ever an option to escape the dungeon without a jewel? Some of these scores are from 2012.
              Last edited by T-Mick; June 7, 2013, 18:21.

Comment

• half
                Knight
                • Jan 2009

She escaped after 53 turns. It was in the records as the very lowest scoring character. This is the early January version of 1.1.1, so I have a bunch of scores that came with it. I can't find her now. It looks like only the first 101 scores are saved.

EDIT: Was there ever an option to escape the dungeon without a jewel? Some of these scores are from 2012.
                Looks like one of my debug testing characters...

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by debo
                  This is especially likely if you tried to take the crown out with you. It's super heavy, and if you put it down to fight some monsters and then have to run without picking it back up again while you're on the ascent, I think you're pretty much screwed.
                  This happened to one of my own legit characters. Here's "Buster Hugo" on the Sil ladder... http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=13590

Edit - Update (6/22/13): Someday, I have to test finishing winnning game by killing Morgoth and surfacing without taking any Sils out.
                  Last edited by HugoVirtuoso; June 22, 2013, 17:25.
                  My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Rainmaker
                    Rookie
                    • Jun 2013

New issues coming up =[. With the new version when I extract and run it just gives me 4 blank black windows. I'm running Windows 8 if that's any help.

Comment

• half
                      Knight
                      • Jan 2009

New issues coming up =[. With the new version when I extract and run it just gives me 4 blank black windows. I'm running Windows 8 if that's any help.
                      I don't know what is causing that... Anyone find these symptoms familiar?

Comment

• Scatha
                        Swordsman
                        • Jan 2012

I haven't used Windows 8, but it's probably an old issue we've seen with Windows getting confused about fonts if you've been using a different version of the game. If so rebooting will solve it (or you can use the menus to change fonts to something else ...).

Let us know if that doesn't work!

Comment

• Rainmaker
                          Rookie
                          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Scatha
                          I haven't used Windows 8, but it's probably an old issue we've seen with Windows getting confused about fonts if you've been using a different version of the game. If so rebooting will solve it (or you can use the menus to change fonts to something else ...).

Let us know if that doesn't work!
                          Everything seems to be working now cheers!

Comment

• debo
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

I didn't know where else to post this, but I just wanted to say that I was killed by a giant-thrown boulder for the first time EVER!!! I LOL'ed when it happened, i don't think I've ever even been hit by one before.

That is all.

Edit: The giant was Gilim. I had him down to one star and I accidentally pushed away from him instead of throwing an axe like I intended. A moment later, my budding amazoness was turned into a fine red mist.
                            Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• Starhawk
                              Adept
                              • Sep 2010

Oh my goodness. I just found a +9 Deathblade. Not a typo.

Maybe I can finally win this game....

Comment

• taptap
                                Knight
                                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Starhawk
                                Oh my goodness. I just found a +9 Deathblade. Not a typo.

Maybe I can finally win this game....
                                *grats* Get subtlety and go one handed.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡