X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joeljpa
    Scout
    • Feb 2017

Playing on macOS 2024?

Hello my mellons. I'm wondering if any of you have managed to get Sil running on macOS recently? I've not been successful. I followed the instructions on https://github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q. It says it's been tested on macOS 10.15.5 but I'm on macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Xcode 14.2. It successfully complies after running
    Code:
    make -f Makefile.cocoa install

Running the app though results in an error (screenshot will full details attached):
    Code:
    Cannot create the '/Applications/Sil.app/Contents/Resources/lib/apex/scores.raw' file!
    I did notice that there are some predefined options in the regular Makefile.std for macOS as well but didn't get far with that.
  • backwardsEric
    Knight
    • Aug 2019

Compiling and running Sil-q (either using the latest head from the GitHub repository or from the tar.gz archive for the 1.5 release) on macOS 12.7.5 with Xcode 14.2 works for me. With Sil-q and no modifications to Makefile.cocoa, the application's high score file should be in "~/Documents/Sil/Sil-Q/scores" (replace the "~" with the path to the home directory for the user you're running as) since the preprocessor macros RUNTIME_PRIVATE_USER_PATH, PRIVATE_USER_PATH, and USE_PRIVATE_SAVE_PATH are set.

Comment

• joeljpa
      Scout
      • Feb 2017

Well what do you know...I repeated your steps and it works! The only difference was I had downloaded the zip, not tar file. I'm curious to experiment but at this point, I'm scared I'll hex it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎