• Estie
      Veteran
      • Apr 2008

Warrior, dlvl5 (2-9): Wrath of God.

Comment

• Estie
        Veteran
        • Apr 2008

I cant map my rest keys, I use ä ö ü and shift-thereof on my german keyboard but the game seems to see them all as the same.

It is really hard to play without my shortcuts.

Comment

• Gwarl
          Administrator
          • Jan 2017

I think the band-aid solution is going to be implementing macros (since they'll behave more like macros than keymaps) on the client side. I'll look into different terminal emulators because this one has a few issues, but I might end up having to more or less write my own - at which point I may as well be writing an angband-specific frontend in javascript (which I plan on eventually doing).

I'll try and have in-browser macros done by the 11th.

Comment

• Estie
            Veteran
            • Apr 2008

This is a great thing youre doing, just to be clear. Constant error messages on my part may sound like I am only complaining, so I had to mention this.

Comment

• Estie
              Veteran
              • Apr 2008

Borg is wielding Barukkheled now ? I think that was the artifact broad axe.

Comment

• Gwarl
                Administrator
                • Jan 2017

Well I would like it to be playable - it's only useful if people use it, and if it's too tedious/annoying, they won't. So feedback is helpful, but so is encouragement.

I don't think it can get to the point where it's as convenient to play as a real local installation of angband, but I do hope to reduce the negatives to the point where they don't outweigh the positives. When I played DCSS a lot I started using the offline client, and found the browser interface horrible but I eventually switched because of the competitive/social element of online play, and I want to do the same for Angband.

Comment

• Estie
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Gwarl
                  Well I would like it to be playable - it's only useful if people use it, and if it's too tedious/annoying, they won't. So feedback is helpful, but so is encouragement.

I don't think it can get to the point where it's as convenient to play as a real local installation of angband, but I do hope to reduce the negatives to the point where they don't outweigh the positives. When I played DCSS a lot I started using the offline client, and found the browser interface horrible but I eventually switched because of the competitive/social element of online play, and I want to do the same for Angband.
                  Yeah. The first thing to do to achieve that is to get the chat going (:

Comment

• Estie
                    Veteran
                    • Apr 2008

Balli Stonehand now, I assume. Was that the one with +3 con ? I think one axe had ESP, too, was it Hurin ?

He has 800 hp, +10 speed, res poison, pconf pblind but is bumbling about on lvl ~30. What is he missing to go deeper ? Permanent source of ESP ?
                    Last edited by Estie; May 24, 2017, 21:55.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                      Prophet
                      • Apr 2007

Tried watching the borg again today. The screen is scrolling improperly every time the character moves off the current map vertically. There's junk covering essentially the entire screen. Problem is browser-independent.

Comment

• Gwarl
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Estie
                        Balli Stonehand now, I assume. Was that the one with +3 con ? I think one axe had ESP, too, was it Hurin ?

He has 800 hp, +10 speed, res poison, pconf pblind but is bumbling about on lvl ~30. What is he missing to go deeper ? Permanent source of ESP ?
                        Yeah I think it's got stonehand right now. Just found Hurin though. I think it wants to be CL40 before it goes any deeper.

Re: the scrolling, I've noticed, and I intend to fix it, but I'm not entirely sure how - whether I'm going to need to adapt the curses frontend slightly to run properly in this context, or whether I'm going to have to adapt the JS terminal emulator to run properly.

My priorities for this thing now are features (chat/recorded games/links to character dumps/option to upload .prf files), then bugs. wrt bugs, first thing I'm going to do is try to hack together single keypress running/resting, then the bugs with spectating come next.

I will confess to having spent a large part of the day when I could have been coding/fixing things watching the borg instead, I've never run one before and it's fascinating.

Comment

• wobbly
                          Prophet
                          • May 2012

I've seen it say clvl < dlvl down the bottom, great way to never make it past dlvl 50. Watching Estie play for a bit was interesting. What was with the whole <, >, <, > thing? Level feelings or something else?

Comment

• Gwarl
                            Administrator
                            • Jan 2017

Well, the borg finally died:

I really thought she was going to make it.

Don't know what was going on with the sscreen really because of the scrolling issues.

I'm going to switch it off for a bit today while I work on things. Such as limiting the need for me to switch it off while I work on things. Hopefully I'll have it back up tonight with chatrooms.

Comment

• Estie
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by wobbly
                              I've seen it say clvl < dlvl down the bottom, great way to never make it past dlvl 50. Watching Estie play for a bit was interesting. What was with the whole <, >, <, > thing? Level feelings or something else?
                              I didnt play much, mostly trying to get a comfortable interface (and failing). But yes, when there is no good item feeling I tend to use the stairs asap.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                                Prophet
                                • Apr 2007

The Borg has three flaws it makes frequently:
                                1. It does a bad job of controlling sight lines. It should keep the number of monsters in LOS to one or two. Instead it lets a whole hallway of monsters use ball spells/breaths/curses.
                                2. It does not treat stat drains with the respect they deserve.
                                3. It goes out of it's way to fight no-ROI monsters (like Greater Balrogs for example.)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎