Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete Mack
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

HE rogue. Very hard to stay alive because of the delay.

The equipment list is scrolling to the next line. Stats panel gets crushed. I fixed it by turning off terminal 2.

Comment

• Estie
      Veteran
      • Apr 2008

Watching you! Omg, why is the chat not working yet.

Edit: Noo, dont buy that shortsword!!!

Edit2: Easterling warrior
      Last edited by Estie; May 24, 2017, 03:38.

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

Well, died to paralysis--from cursed boots. Somehow failed to note the first time paralysis kicked in. Very hard to play this way; so easy to make mistakes.

Comment

• Estie
          Veteran
          • Apr 2008

For some reason, I cant map running to shift-numpad. Currently its .<dir>, but I am really used to pressing shift-<dir>.

Comment

• Gwarl
            Administrator
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Pete Mack
            Gwarl--what version of angband is it? If it's a new one, can you post the updated source to the Borg? It'd be fun to work on strategy. I've always been put off by working on the mechanics.
            Edit:
            Never mind. I see above. (3.0.x)
            It's 3.4.1, running the APWborg.

wrt running, shift running seems impossible on the GCU port. I could hack together a script for the browser to simulate shift+running, but angband-wise I've written runlock.prf, which uses numlock to toggle between always-run and always-walk. I'll upload it any moment now.

Comment

• Gwarl
              Administrator
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Pete Mack
              This is great! I forgot how lousy a player the Borg is. Just saw it melee a red jelly. :/ (And no, it's not a HT.) Playing CL27, DL9.
              CL29 now and still DL9. I'm sure it was going deeper than this earlier. I'm fairly sure it's refusing to dive for a lack of seeInvis.

Unfortunately the method for reconnecting to the borg and issuing it commands isn't working and I can't fix it without restarting the webserver, which will then forget the process ID. Short of uploading runlock.prf there aren't a lot of modifications I can make, so the next updates will come in once I have a batch of them ready and/or the borg dies/wins (though that one might take a while).

Comment

• Estie
                Veteran
                • Apr 2008

For movement, direction keys do nothing and numpad only works when numlock is toggled on. Mapping anything doesnt work as trying to specify a number pad key instead specifies only the escape key.

I have tried loading runlock.prf in options "=", "l"oad and am getting a confirmation message but it doesnt seem to change the behaviour.

Edit: typo

Comment

• Gwarl
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Estie
                  For movement, direction keys do nothing and numpad only works when numlock is toggled on. Mapping anything doesnt work as trying to specify a number pad key instead specifies only the escape key.

I have tried loading runlock.prf in options "=", "l"oad and am getting a confirmation message but it doesnt seem to change the behaviour.

Edit: typo
                  Yeah, I just noticed this behaviour and I think I'm going to need to set up a hack on the javascript side of things to get easy running. I tested the runlock thing over a real terminal, I think it's the terminal emulator sending an '[Escape]' keypress instead of escape codes for home/end/arrow keys. (For some reason, numpad9 and numpad3 work however)

Small but significant bugs that will take a lot of work to fix.

I'm going to leave things up as they are for the rest of the day and then pull it offline again tomorrow to fix things. I'm fairly sure the site can be seaworthy by the time the next competition comes along though.

With regards to anyone experiencing lag; I can only imagine the issue is geographic distance (the server is in europe and there's no perceptible latency when I play), which means the fix would be getting another server, and nothing I can fix with code.

Comment

• wobbly
                    Prophet
                    • May 2012

Nice. Slow but playable for me. Getting used to the interface takes a bit, but getting there.

Ironman gnome priest, whether it's alive or dead in the next few seconds, we'll see. I didn't manage to afford a weapon but then again 2.1 for a whip is not much better then 1 for my fists.

Edit: Ug was playing just fine, tabbed across in firefox, now can't get it back to responding to keypresses
                    Edit2: 2 seperate firefoxes seems to work ok, do keymaps not work?
                    Edit3: Haha died to cloning & hasting a crow. What you get for using wonder as your only damage source. Anyway was fun to look at.
                    Last edited by wobbly; May 24, 2017, 17:14.

Comment

• Gwarl
                      Administrator
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by wobbly
                      Nice. Slow but playable for me. Getting used to the interface takes a bit, but getting there.

Ironman gnome priest, whether it's alive or dead in the next few seconds, we'll see. I didn't manage to afford a weapon but then again 2.1 for a whip is not much better then 1 for my fists.

Edit: Ug was playing just fine, tabbed across in firefox, now can't get it back to responding to keypresses
                      You need to 'focus' on the 'terminal' element on the page. i.e click on it as you would a text box you were typing into.

Keymaps have been working okay for me, but not all keypresses actually make it through to angband unadulterated. You can see what's up by using 'Query keymap'

Comment

• wobbly
                        Prophet
                        • May 2012

Thanks, will give it another go sometime. I'm tempted to try poscheng, my biggest reluctance is that poscheng's squelch system is going to be annoying if I can't upload my own pickpref file

Comment

• Gwarl
                          Administrator
                          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by wobbly
                          Thanks, will give it another go sometime. I'm tempted to try poscheng, my biggest reluctance is that poscheng's squelch system is going to be annoying if I can't upload my own pickpref file
                          That will be coming in the next update.

For now though: the borg found SeeInvis! She's diving!

Comment

• Estie
                            Veteran
                            • Apr 2008

My guess is the long sword is Elvagil.

Comment

• Gwarl
                              Administrator
                              • Jan 2017

Yeah, I need to add more display columns. I could probably get rid of that box on the right , though I need to make screen space somewhere for a chat box.

Edit: you were right, it's elvagil. Enough room in the inventory panel to see it when she switched it out for the lucerne hammer of slay dragon.

Comment

• wobbly
                                Prophet
                                • May 2012

3rd attempt & with some care starting to get of the mark. With equipment in subwindow 2 it wraps around the screen, so my item weights partially obscure the character stats on the left sidebar

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎