X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Max Stats
    Swordsman
    • Jun 2010

Can't use \r in keymap in latest nightly

I am trying out the latest nightly (v3.2.0-552-g52328bb-dirtybash-4.1) and found that I have to convert my macros to keymaps. I have always used a resting macro of 'R&\r' but if I use this in a keymap and press that key, I get the "Rest how long?" prompt with '&\r' typed into the response, so '\r' is not being interpreted as the Return key. Has this changed?
    If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then why are beholders so freaking ugly?
  • d_m
    Angband Devteam member
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Max Stats
    I am trying out the latest nightly (v3.2.0-552-g52328bb-dirtybash-4.1) and found that I have to convert my macros to keymaps. I have always used a resting macro of 'R&\r' but if I use this in a keymap and press that key, I get the "Rest how long?" prompt with '&\r' typed into the response, so '\r' is not being interpreted as the Return key. Has this changed?
    Can you try \n and let me know?

It very well might have changed. I will take a look but see if \n works for you.
    linux->xterm->screen->pmacs

Comment

• Max Stats
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2010

Nope, \n doesn't work either, and it looks like \e doesn't as well.
      If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then why are beholders so freaking ugly?

Comment

• myshkin
        Angband Devteam member
        • Apr 2007

Does setting the action to "R&[Return]" work for you? The current "Interact with macros" UI does not allow you to do so, but you can set it manually in the .prf file.

Comment

• Max Stats
          Swordsman
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by myshkin
          Does setting the action to "R&[Return]" work for you? The current "Interact with macros" UI does not allow you to do so, but you can set it manually in the .prf file.
          That works fine. Now at least my old hotkey works again.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎