X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jtwadsworth
    Rookie
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by APWhite
    The borg.txt file is placed in your angband's 'user' directory. Mine is in c:\games\ang320\lib\user

As far as changes to the code, let me know what changes needed to be made to the code and I will include the list in the readme files.

Remember that the borg does support extra term windows. So as the borg runs, you can have extra windows on screen and watch the inventory or other borg stat stuff.
    I recompiled with the 4/24/11 version of the Borg you posted on your site. I had to make all the same changed listed in this thread but it worked fine. Should those changes be made permanently in future Borg releases so not have to be done manually?

Also, I'm not running in screensaver (no OS X version) but is there a command to get Borg to autorespawn on death for continuous play when NOT in screensaver? I didn't see a setting in Borg.txt

jtw

Comment

• APWhite
      Adept
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by jtwadsworth
      I recompiled with the 4/24/11 version of the Borg you posted on your site. I had to make all the same changed listed in this thread but it worked fine. Should those changes be made permanently in future Borg releases so not have to be done manually?

Also, I'm not running in screensaver (no OS X version) but is there a command to get Borg to autorespawn on death for continuous play when NOT in screensaver? I didn't see a setting in Borg.txt

jtw
      I will make those changes to the code for you. I did an update today (4/25) and it included the addition of the needed header files (cave.h and such). I will review this thread and include the other needed changes.

As far as respawn: Set the Cheat_Live option in the game (I think it is under Cheats [g]). If the borg dies, he will make a new character and start out in town. He will keep running the whole time. the stuff in the borg.txt allows you to tell the borg which race, class or race/class combo you want the borg to be when it respawns. I would recommend the munchkin-start also. It improves low level borg survivability.
      St George Chiropractor
      Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• jtwadsworth
        Rookie
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by APWhite
        I will make those changes to the code for you. I did an update today (4/25) and it included the addition of the needed header files (cave.h and such). I will review this thread and include the other needed changes.

As far as respawn: Set the Cheat_Live option in the game (I think it is under Cheats [g]). If the borg dies, he will make a new character and start out in town. He will keep running the whole time. the stuff in the borg.txt allows you to tell the borg which race, class or race/class combo you want the borg to be when it respawns. I would recommend the munchkin-start also. It improves low level borg survivability.
        Thanks, APW.

I am still getting the keypress overload with trying to brand missiles. The keypress borg is doing is
        Code:
        m h f `
        instead of
        Code:
        m h f /
        followed by the correct letter holding the missles in the quiver.

jtw

Comment

• APWhite
          Adept
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by jtwadsworth
          Thanks, APW.

I am still getting the keypress overload with trying to brand missiles. The keypress borg is doing is
          Code:
          m h f `
          instead of
          Code:
          m h f /
          followed by the correct letter holding the missles in the quiver.

jtw
          Try to send me the savefile to my email address. Then I can see the error and fix it properly.

EDIT:
          Don't worry about sending the file. The error was easy to see. I fixed it quickly. I should have the update posted to the borg site in just a few minutes. I will also send out a tweet.
          Last edited by APWhite; April 27, 2011, 21:25.
          St George Chiropractor
          Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• Zappa
            Apprentice
            • Feb 2008

Is there a chance I could get a pre-packaged deal? I've never been able to compile it myself.

Also I'm glad to see you still working with this. Before my old computer pooped out I had the 3.09 borg forever.

Comment

• APWhite
              Adept
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Zappa
              Is there a chance I could get a pre-packaged deal? I've never been able to compile it myself.

Also I'm glad to see you still working with this. Before my old computer pooped out I had the 3.09 borg forever.
              Which pre-package are you looking for? The windows executables are available on the borg's webpage.
              St George Chiropractor
              Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• Zappa
                Apprentice
                • Feb 2008

I guess I just need the notepad file you put in system32 with it. I stole one from the zborg.

Comment

• Nolendil
                  Adept
                  • May 2007

Yes, the Angband.INI file was missing from the screensaver package last time I downloaded it.
                  I didn't notice first since I already had one.
                  A(3.2.0) C "Angdiira II" DP L:36 DL:44(2200') A+ R+ Sp w:Whip of Westernesse(+10,+10)(+2)
                  A Mx H- D c-- f- PV+ s- d P++ M+
                  C- S-- I So B++ ac GHB- SQ+ RQ++ V+

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡