The RNG giveth... and giveth... and giveth some more!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gglibertine
    Adept
    • Dec 2007

Thrir the kobold priest just found the Cloak of Thingol on DL3, Nimthanc on DL4, a Robe of Permanence (2, +20) on DL5, and, on DL6... wait for it...

A Potion of Experience. BOOM! Straight to CL29, baby!

This actually makes up for losing a seriously badass dwarf paladin to my own stupidity on DL72 last night.
  • Ingwe Ingweron
    Veteran
    • Jan 2009

Watch out for stat drainers. You think you've scored, but in my, ahem, experience, you're in for a rough time once those stats get drained.
    “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
    ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• fph
      Veteran
      • Apr 2009

Robe of permanence. No stat drain.
      --
      Dive fast, die young, leave a high-CHA corpse.

Comment

• gglibertine
        Adept
        • Dec 2007

This morning, I dive. Only one scroll of deep descent, alas. OOD is ridiculously satisfying this early in the game! I still need to find a more appropriate weapon though. I bumped up WIS at the expense of STR so I need to mostly avoid hand to hand anyway.

DL11 - short bow of extra might (+8, +6), not that it's all that necessary now that i have OOD, small metal shield +5, gauntlets +7.

DL12 - Potion of Constitution, plus some things I can't use.

Interesting to see how differently things play out after that Potion of XP.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
          Prophet
          • Apr 2008

Wait until it taketh, taketh and taketh more
          PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• gglibertine
            Adept
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
            Wait until it taketh, taketh and taketh more
            Oh, I know, I know. But since my last update:

DL13 - Gauntlets of Slaying (+3, +5) [3, +6], Lantern (Everburning), 2 Scrolls of Deep Descent
            DL20 - Ring of Flames [+13], Elvagil, a Main Gauche of Westernesse (+12, +8) <+1, +2> (stupid bladed weapons), a Holy Book of Prayers (Holy Infusions)
            DL22 - a Ring of Strength (+2) (finally I can carry a few more things!)
            DL24 - a Short Sword (Blessed) (1d7) (+11, +8) <+3> (finally a decent weapon I can use!)

Still coming along nicely, though not in quite such spectacular fashion.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎