X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bio_hazard
    Knight
    • Dec 2008

Equipment Advice appreciated- HE Rogue

This is by far my best run. Made it to 3700' without much drama so far. I'd only had one small vault the whole game, until this level. It was a doozy- =speed+9, phial+arkenstone+elendil, glaive of pain, and many of the artifact heavy armors. "magi and the artifact one...

Aside from the stuff in inventory, on the ground:
    Til-i-arc,
    Lance of Eorlingas
    Augmented Chain of Caspanion
    Mithril Plate of Celeborn
    Star of Elendil

I've never had to worry about this many new artifacts at once. Would love opinions on what to wear, what to take with me and what to leave. Also, things in my home that I'm definitley not going to need.

Thanks!
  • Thraalbee
    Knight
    • Sep 2010

Keep Celeborn! It is great! It has rDisenchant which is a bit rare and activates for mass banish.You lose rNexus which I find important by swapping out Isildur so consider looking out for boots of stability (very common) or other rNexus source before using Celeborn. Look in the shops too.

I like Caspanion too since it has rPoi and rConf. Used it a long time with my fighter that just now became my first winner. But of course it is not vital. With Celeborn available it may not be as important. Unless you already have massbanish as a spell. Never played non-fighter.

I kind of like Orome. Some speed boost and activates for rock2mud. But maybe you want to keep the Glaive. If so, buy all scrolls of enchant weapon to-hit every time in town to get it up to +9 or +10.

/Mathias

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bio_hazard
      This is by far my best run. Made it to 3700' without much drama so far. I'd only had one small vault the whole game, until this level. It was a doozy- =speed+9, phial+arkenstone+elendil, glaive of pain, and many of the artifact heavy armors. "magi and the artifact one...

Aside from the stuff in inventory, on the ground:
      Til-i-arc,
      Lance of Eorlingas
      Augmented Chain of Caspanion
      Mithril Plate of Celeborn
      Star of Elendil

I've never had to worry about this many new artifacts at once. Would love opinions on what to wear, what to take with me and what to leave. Also, things in my home that I'm definitley not going to need.

Thanks!
      dlvl 3800' + less than 800 HP + lack of poison resist = death sooner or later. Get poison resist.

IE wear Caspanion and Carlammas or Carlammas and RoResistPoison (maxed CON helps a lot). I think you have better use for those ring slots than waste it to RoResistPoison. Whatever you do don't leave Celeborn behind, it is one of the best armors in game (rDisenchantment is valuable, especially if you find Thorin and it has useful activation). You can throw Arvedui away (Isildur is so much more than it). Eriril is weak, you can probably throw that away too. Eorlingas is also quite good weapon, but you start to lose inventory space (you seem to have one free slot?)

At home you can throw away at least Elvagil, GoldDSM, RoBodykeeping, Cammithrim, Forasgil, Osondir and Nimloth, arrows of slay dragon.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Thraalbeast
        Keep Celeborn! It is great! It has rDisenchant which is a bit rare and activates for mass banish.
        Banishment, not mass banish. There is a weapon in game with that activation.

Comment

• bio_hazard
          Knight
          • Dec 2008

Thanks!

I have boots of stability in the house- I ended up destroying some nice mithril boots of stability with the staff of *destruction*.

So I'm leaving the Phial, Cap of Serenity, Til-I-Arc, Arvedui, And Ereril, on the floor, never to be seen again. (right?)

Is Orome really better than aglarang?

Sounds like i should work on gaining XP now? I've been doing a lot of running from the nastier hounds and anything that can summon. I suppose I should learn how to use anti-summoning corridors at some point, maybe better to practice on the slightly-less-lethal monsters.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Is Orome really better than aglarang?
            4d6 vs 8d5, +4 speed vs +5 speed. It is a close call, but Orome has fire brand of its own, so if you need to use other than that branding ring then it beats Aglarang. With that ring Aglarang is better (BTW ring of Acid is a lot better than RoFlames, a lot fewer monsters resist acid). There is also question which you need more INT or DEX. INT helps with spellcasting, DEX you probably have more than enough even without extra boost.

Anyway neither come close to Pain with branding ring, and even without it makes nearly as much damage. Pain is a angelkiller, use it against unique angels (Gabriel disenchants and blinds, so be careful in melee with it). Pain with Ring of Acid makes Sauron a joke.

Til-i-Arc is also quite good weapon. Double-branded, 3d5 with +2 to speed and STR and INT... difficult to say ditch it, but Orome is so much better that you will never use it.

Comment

• UniqueName
              Scout
              • Sep 2010

His Elvenkind shield has rDis

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                Prophet
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by UniqueName
                His Elvenkind shield has rDis
                But he does not have Thorin. I bet when he finds it then that elvenkind shield doesn't matter, he will wear it, and when he does he loses rDisenchantment unless he has another source for it.

Comment

• UniqueName
                  Scout
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                  But he does not have Thorin. I bet when he finds it then that elvenkind shield doesn't matter, he will wear it, and when he does he loses rDisenchantment unless he has another source for it.
                  True. I was referring to current situation. He doesn't need to worry too much about wearing Celeborn or Celebrimbor since he has Elvenkind. Thinking about it I'd probably trade Isildur for Caspanion for now. rPoison, +2 CON, +3 INT/WIS is probably worth rNexus, rSound.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by UniqueName
                    True. I was referring to current situation. He doesn't need to worry too much about wearing Celeborn or Celebrimbor since he has Elvenkind. Thinking about it I'd probably trade Isildur for Caspanion for now. rPoison, +2 CON, +3 INT/WIS is probably worth rNexus, rSound.
                    Yes, that was my advice too. Caspanion for rPoison and CON (which is +3 for all stats, vanilla doesn't have multiple PVAL:s). Maxing CON is important for HP.

Comment

• Estie
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                      Yes, that was my advice too. Caspanion for rPoison and CON (which is +3 for all stats, vanilla doesn't have multiple PVAL:s). Maxing CON is important for HP.
                      Compared to Isildur, its only +2 con since Isildur has +1 con

Comment

• bio_hazard
                        Knight
                        • Dec 2008

Thanks all, but it's all academic now- got teleported by a Q I had forgotten about and ended up in view of a bunch of time hounds. That's all she wrote.

Still, my best run so far, 3950'.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                          Prophet
                          • Apr 2007

Thanks all, but it's all academic now- got teleported by a Q I had forgotten about and ended up in view of a bunch of time hounds. That's all she wrote.

Still, my best run so far, 3950'.
                          That's sad. At least it wasn't silver jelly that killed you

Some small advices:

Poison has damage cap of 800 which several monsters beyond 2500' hit.
                          Maxing your HP is more important than maxing your damage output.
                          Don't trust high resist damage reduction, use them to counter side-effects (with exception being poison).

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎