X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fendell Orcbane
    Swordsman
    • Apr 2010

The One and a Mace of Disruption...

Are total game changers. This character feels much more powerful than my last one...who was rocking both Feanor and Ringil. Sadly, he died due to greed on my part.

Although The One and the Palantir of Westernesse both drain exp, I'm able to stay down at 4950' due to the sheer power that I'm getting from The One plus Hammerhand, thereby negating the exp drain. Honestly I feel like I should just take Sauron out. Or take out some of the more powerful Uniques left. Right now I'm feeling no fear...I just need to not do anything too foolhard. I've never been at character lvl 43 and felt ready to take on Morgoth. The only thing that is stopping me is that his attacks aren't elemental and he could still kill me with a good ManaStorm or two. So I think I'll level up a bit.

The Mace of Disruption is great because of all the heavy hits that you get. I can't ever remember getting *GREAT* hits. I don't even think I'd use ringil if I found it. I can see why people love the artifact Mace of Disruption.
  • Timo Pietilä
    Prophet
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Fendell Orcbane
    Although The One and the Palantir of Westernesse both drain exp, I'm able to stay down at 4950' due to the sheer power that I'm getting from The One plus Hammerhand, thereby negating the exp drain.
    XP drain is in fact quite small penalty. I tried that by giving clvl1 char the One just to see if he could gain XP and bonus that he got from the One was more than enough to compensate that drain.

I also saw GCV at 250' with that char, which annoys me, because it was filled with weaklings and great loot and I was playing debug-mode char so I couldn't accept the loot...

40 dlvl OoD is at that point still just 2250', and most of them were obviously much shallower. I don't think there are many really dangerous single monsters above 2500'. I would certainly like to see that one happen again in serious game.

Comment

• Derakon
      Prophet
      • Dec 2009

Yeah, experience drain is completely pointless unless you're under level, oh, 10 and like to take it slowly. The drain rate is just single-digit experience every few turns, so making one or two kills "pays forward" for quite a long time.

Comment

• nullfame
        Adept
        • Dec 2007

Go for the win. I killed Morgoth on cl43 with 6 of the big healers, Elessar, plus a whole mess of ?phase and !CCW. We almost exclusively meleed in destruction zones. I didn't even get through my holy might bolts. He summoned every dangerous unique I can name but they so rarely have LOS it's not as dangerous as it sounds. I had 5 ?destruction which meant I could -TO M and deal with his minions when it got too hairy. For you ?phase, ?recharge, empty out _destruct might be a decent proxy.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎