treasure - whats the point of it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Atarlost
    replied
    I would rather marge staves and wands into a single charachter. They behave the same and rods behave differently. There are two charachters and the "sticks" divide into two classes: charged and timed. This is a more logical way to split them up than by assumed length, which has no game effect.

    Leave a comment:


  • Narvius
    replied
    I actually meant a rod, but right, that was unclear.
    ...we need another ASCII-character for rods.

    / | \... weapons
    _ -... staves, wands
    ~... lights.
    !... potions.
    I... insects.
    ...damn.

    Is there a StM-Rod, anyways?

    Being able to dig up (good!) items would make mining a more considerable option, I guess.

    Leave a comment:


  • Psi
    replied
    No. The point being that -StM makes the process quicker. However I tend to find that the charges are too valuable to waste on mining.

    Leave a comment:


  • warlin
    replied
    Originally posted by Narvius
    I guess it wouldn't hurt if you found a -StM early... but I don't dig it up, either.
    You can get other things besides cash(gems) ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Zikke
    replied
    I never mine. To be honest, I don't even bother picking up gold even when it's not embedded in rock...

    Leave a comment:


  • Atarlost
    replied
    I mined when I first started playing. Now I don't. Killing stuff give experience and experience lets you get into the lucrative zone faster. Once you can get to where it's possible to make good money killing there's without mining to buy stuff there's no reason to mine at all. You sit and dig and monsters regenerate, but if you want to generate monsters it's better to use stairs, and if you're mining because you don't want to fight with the kit you've got you're in trouble when you get done.

    Leave a comment:


  • HallucinationMushroom
    replied
    I cannot resist the urge to mine every single deposit I walk by.

    Leave a comment:


  • pampl
    replied
    I mine a little when starting out as an ugly high strength race, just so I can afford a good starting kit. I don't know why anyone would mine after spending more than 15 minutes or so on a character besides passing time in-game.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tenka
    replied
    When I play an Android in Hengband I mine like an OCD Dwarf. Those guys only get XP for wearing sweet gear...not for killing. Gotta mine a few grand before you are strong enough to get anywhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • Narvius
    replied
    I guess it wouldn't hurt if you found a -StM early... but I don't dig it up, either.

    Leave a comment:


  • warlin
    started a topic treasure - whats the point of it?

    treasure - whats the point of it?

    Do you ever dig for treasure? I dont. I feel it takes to much time (gameturns), and gives to little yield (AU)
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕