X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dhegler
    Swordsman
    • Sep 2009

T.O.M.E. 2.3.5 Wiki anywhere?

Anyone know where I can find COMPREHENSIVE info on ToME 2.3.5? Is there a wiki page for it somewhere? I was just doing really well, then all of a sudden my HP drained to 0 without any apparent effects, hit by a rat and died... I remember the god-factor doing some weird things in the past, but wasn't sure if this was due to that or not...

I last played this extensively maybe 5 years ago, but wanted to give it a shot, but forgot all the special god-rules and character class issues, etc...
  • HallucinationMushroom
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

Here is the old, amazing, Lord Dimwit Advanced Tome strategy guide. It changed my life.

Here is something. http://forums.te4.org/index.php
    There seems to be some 2.xx info.

I'm sorry I'm not up to date but maybe this will help somewhat.
    You are on something strange

Comment

• Derakon
      Prophet
      • Dec 2009

The Killer Bunnies spoilers are also helpful: Skills, Spells, and Gods.

Comment

• Therem Harth
        Knight
        • Jan 2008

What level were you on? I'm thinking that was either a nasty trap or a curse spell.

(But there are a lot of ways to get instakilled in T2. Getting in LoS of a bunch of Dark-elf Warlocks is a classic medium level example.)

Comment

• dhegler
          Swordsman
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Therem Harth
          What level were you on? I'm thinking that was either a nasty trap or a curse spell.

(But there are a lot of ways to get instakilled in T2. Getting in LoS of a bunch of Dark-elf Warlocks is a classic medium level example.)
          I was a level 15-18 warrior... Only in Barrow Downs though... I did put on a cursed ring, but never figured out what it was. And, the HP drain happened MUCH after I had the ring on... Maybe it was a trap, but I don't remember any traps that would do that, let alone no deeper than dlvl 10.

And, thanks for the links everyone else - exactly what I was looking for...

Comment

• Therem Harth
            Knight
            • Jan 2008

Hmm. I had taken "sudden" as one turn, but this doesn't sound like an instakill.

Had you wielded a new weapon at some point? There are Spectral weapons that are not sticky-cursed, but drain HP.

Comment

• dhegler
              Swordsman
              • Sep 2009

Hmm. I had taken "sudden" as one turn, but this doesn't sound like an instakill.

Had you wielded a new weapon at some point? There are Spectral weapons that are not sticky-cursed, but drain HP.
              Whoops! That was it! Guess that was entirely avoidable. Sounded so cool to have a "spectral" weapon...

Comment

• Therem Harth
                Knight
                • Jan 2008

Yeah, Spectral weapons are mostly useless because of the HP drain. (HP being the most important stat, period.) They sell for lots of gold though.

Comment

• dhegler
                  Swordsman
                  • Sep 2009

Yeah, Spectral weapons are mostly useless because of the HP drain. (HP being the most important stat, period.) They sell for lots of gold though.
                  If I have magic-device skill of 15 and I have a staff of identify that identifies all inventory at level 17, but the staff itself is level 10 and minimum skill to increase level is 8, how does that work? I can't remember and I can't find it anywhere... I thought there used ot be a "wiki" for tome, but maybe it was DarkGod's and he removed it...

Comment

• Derakon
                    Prophet
                    • Dec 2009

There used to be a wiki, but it got completely overwhelmed by spammers, so IIRC it either got locked or taken down. Sorry, no clue on the magic device question.

Comment

• dhegler
                      Swordsman
                      • Sep 2009

Disappointing - I forgot how fun it was...

Comment

• jevansau
                        Adept
                        • Jan 2009

RE: If I have magic-device skill of 15 and I have a staff of identify that identifies all inventory at level 17, but the staff itself is level 10 and minimum skill to increase level is 8, how does that work? I can't remember and I can't find it anywhere... I thought there used ot be a "wiki" for tome, but maybe it was DarkGod's and he removed it...

I believe (from playing back in the day) that you would need a magic device skill of 25 to get that effect.

Comment

• AnonymousHero
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by jevansau
                          RE: If I have magic-device skill of 15 and I have a staff of identify that identifies all inventory at level 17, but the staff itself is level 10 and minimum skill to increase level is 8, how does that work?
                          I don't think anyone quite knows. I've been refactoring and "maintaining" the code for a while, but I don't quite get it. I think it's basically a sign that it's way too opaque and needs to be simplified so that mere non-DarkGod mortals can understand it.

Comment

• JohnCW9
                            Adept
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by jevansau
                            RE: If I have magic-device skill of 15 and I have a staff of identify that identifies all inventory at level 17, but the staff itself is level 10 and minimum skill to increase level is 8, how does that work? I can't remember and I can't find it anywhere... I thought there used ot be a "wiki" for tome, but maybe it was DarkGod's and he removed it...

I believe (from playing back in the day) that you would need a magic device skill of 25 to get that effect.
                            The staff has two numbers the first one amount that you add to magic d and t
                            My first legit winner http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=5114

Comment

• JohnCW9
                              Adept
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by JohnCW9
                              The staff has two numbers the first one amount that you add to magic d and t
                              The second # is the upper limit of the staff and to get the
                              results you want has be 17 or higher
                              My first legit winner http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=5114

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎