Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zaimoni
    Knight
    • Apr 2007

*.tar.bz2 is also ~3GB; time to upload is bounded below by 61 hours.

Time to see how to make it more manageable.
    Zaiband: end the "I shouldn't have survived that" experience. V3.0.6 fork on Hg.
    Zaiband 3.0.10 ETA Mar. 7 2011 (Yes, schedule slipped. Latest testing indicates not enough assert() calls to allow release.)
    Z.C++: pre-alpha C/C++ compiler system (usable preprocessor). Also on Hg. Z.C++ 0.0.10 ETA December 31 2011

Comment

• Magnate
      Angband Devteam member
      • May 2007

Originally posted by zaimoni
      *.tar.bz2 is also ~3GB; time to upload is bounded below by 61 hours.

Time to see how to make it more manageable.
      Do you want to post a link? I'd be happy to mirror it for you, and Nick mentioned in another thread his interest in mirroring the Furytech content.
      "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• zaimoni
        Knight
        • Apr 2007

I decided to review strategy first. It would be easy to recompress all of the *.tar.gz as *.tar.bz2, so I'll try that first to try to bring down the master archive size. (*.tar.xz is still too exotic.)
        Zaiband: end the "I shouldn't have survived that" experience. V3.0.6 fork on Hg.
        Zaiband 3.0.10 ETA Mar. 7 2011 (Yes, schedule slipped. Latest testing indicates not enough assert() calls to allow release.)
        Z.C++: pre-alpha C/C++ compiler system (usable preprocessor). Also on Hg. Z.C++ 0.0.10 ETA December 31 2011

Comment

• zaimoni
          Knight
          • Apr 2007

Incomplete notes from Readme.txt

Known Incomplete:
          Angband: source for 3.1.1 is missing.
          Angband64: earlier versions missing
          EyAngband: earlier versions missing
          Gumband: post-2004 versions missing (need to locate main archives)
          Portralis: earlier versions missing
          TOME 2/3: post-2004 versions missing (tapping main archive scheduled)
          Unangband: post-2004 versions missing (tapping main archive scheduled)
          1) *.tar.gz to *.tar.bz2 conversion is complete; tarball is being rebuilt now.

2) V 3.1.1 source isn't available from rephial.org either.

Comment

• zaimoni
            Knight
            • Apr 2007

Upload of *.tar.bz2 above web root started. If nothing unexpected happens, I'm expecting the Zaimoni.com mirror to go live in 3-4 days at this point.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎