X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UglySquirrell
    Swordsman
    • Jul 2011

Slay Giant

Any thoughts on removing slay giant egos? Can't think of any time I've ever used one unless it had ESP flag. All giants are evil aren't they? So that's covered. All the other slays are useful throughout the game but this one seems quite useless. Especially early game, it seems that this slay is pretty common too. Maybe just keep it on ammo, I guess it might be useful against the uniques.
  • UglySquirrell
    Swordsman
    • Jul 2011

Just had an idea, maybe add trolls to the slay. I'd keep a weapon with that.

Comment

• PowerDiver
      Prophet
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by UglySquirrell
      Any thoughts on removing slay giant egos? Can't think of any time I've ever used one unless it had ESP flag. All giants are evil aren't they? So that's covered. All the other slays are useful throughout the game but this one seems quite useless. Especially early game, it seems that this slay is pretty common too. Maybe just keep it on ammo, I guess it might be useful against the uniques.
      Giant pits are a big deal, or at least they used to be before the great pit change, and giant uniques count too. I almost never use slay orc or slay troll or the *slay* versions of those, but I've used big dice slay giant or *slay* giant several [well, at least 3] times recently enough to remember. I didn't carry them home, but I found them and used them before discarding.

Comment

• UglySquirrell
        Swordsman
        • Jul 2011

I find that by the time I get to the pits, I have an artifact weapon, acid or slay evil that outshines the giant one. Before the pits they travel by themselves, and I think just the uniques and titans can summon. I guess a big weapon blade of ochaos or scythe of slicing would be fun for pits.

Comment

• bio_hazard
          Knight
          • Dec 2008

Do any variants have armors of resist Orc/Giant/Animal/Undead?

Comment

• Derakon
            Prophet
            • Dec 2009

Not to my knowledge. Damage reduction against a specific species is certainly a new idea to me, anyway.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
              Prophet
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by UglySquirrell
              I find that by the time I get to the pits, I have an artifact weapon, acid or slay evil that outshines the giant one. Before the pits they travel by themselves, and I think just the uniques and titans can summon. I guess a big weapon blade of ochaos or scythe of slicing would be fun for pits.
              Ogres count as giants. Those are in groups and appear early. Lokkak especially hits hard, so you might want to have x3 slay against it when you meet it.

Comment

• UglySquirrell
                Swordsman
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                Ogres count as giants. Those are in groups and appear early. Lokkak especially hits hard, so you might want to have x3 slay against it when you meet it.
                Oh thanks I've played for a long time and had no idea ogres were included. I think its the black ogres I usually have trouble with almost sent me to the grave quite a few times.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎