Linux/Unix users: Where should savefiles be stored?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • takkaria
    Veteran
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Peregrine
    Hi all,

Sorry if posting to two-month old threads is frowned upon;
    No worries; but I've already done much the same as you wrote. I fell victim to one of the classic blunders, which in this case was starting a new thread about it, which I wish I hadn't have done, since that was a fairly thought-out reply you had there. [Unlike this one, which is badly constructed and has too many subclauses, including a mis-thought-out film reference.]
    takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Peregrine
      Rookie
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by takkaria
      No worries; but I've already done much the same as you wrote.
      Oh! Well, that's a good thing, I guess. I haven't actually played since 3.0.6 (on Windows, at that), but I'm currently putting my old, dead PC back in order, planning out the filesystem for a dual-boot XP/Debian system -- and Angband will be promptly going onto both sides of the dual boot.

I fell victim to one of the classic blunders, which in this case was starting a new thread about it, which I wish I hadn't have done, since that was a fairly thought-out reply you had there. [Unlike this one, which is badly constructed and has too many subclauses, including a mis-thought-out film reference.]
      Well, my own classic blunder was not searching for other threads on the subject first. But... I hate to impose, but having done so now, I still can't find the new thread...?

Comment

• takkaria
        Veteran
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Peregrine
        Well, my own classic blunder was not searching for other threads on the subject first. But... I hate to impose, but having done so now, I still can't find the new thread...?
        Having said that I started a new thread, I check now, and it's actually part of someone else's thread. http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showpos...95&postcount=6 is the post I meant.
        takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• tuppe666
          Rookie
          • Jul 2007

online!? seems the best way to me

Comment

• Kiyoshi Aman
            Scout
            • Apr 2007

As far as savegames go...I'd really prefer it if Angband were able to be used on a proper multiuser system; I've been meaning to set up an Angband/ToME/etc server using dgamelaunch [the same service the Nethack servers use]., but I still haven't gotten around to it.
            "The Earth...is for the living. The dead have neither rights nor powers on it." -- Thomas Jefferson
            "Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something." -- Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎