X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malak Darkhunter
    Knight
    • May 2007

When will Angband 3.1.0 final be realeased

Have been waiting a long time, does anybody know when Angband 3.1.0 will be released?
  • takkaria
    Veteran
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Malak Darkhunter
    Have been waiting a long time, does anybody know when Angband 3.1.0 will be released?
    No. Sorry.
    takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• Narvius
      Knight
      • Dec 2007

Uhm. Any hint at how far it's done? ^.^
      If you can convincingly pretend you're crazy, you probably are.

Comment

• takkaria
        Veteran
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Narvius
        Uhm. Any hint at how far it's done? ^.^
        Well, it's mostly playable, since people are playing it, but it has at least one big problem and a bunch of less big ones. I estimate it'll take me maybe two or three weekends of hacking time to get at least some kind of official beta version out. When that hacking time will come, I don't yet know.

Comment

• Colbey
          Apprentice
          • Feb 2008

Interesting. What would you (or anyone else knowledgeable) classify as the "one big problem"? Every problem I've noticed seems small either in terms of impact or in terms of the coding time likely required to fix it. But I don't know the game well enough to notice subtle issues...

Comment

• takkaria
            Veteran
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Colbey
            Interesting. What would you (or anyone else knowledgeable) classify as the "one big problem"? Every problem I've noticed seems small either in terms of impact or in terms of the coding time likely required to fix it. But I don't know the game well enough to notice subtle issues...
            The big one is that DROP_GREAT monster drops aren't quite what they were before, in that they have fewer checks as to what constitutes "great". To fix this, it requires a bit of rewriting the object generation system, which isn't a massive problem, but takes time to get one's head around the code again, work out the best way to change things, and then to actually make the changes. The changes probably only take a few hours; the getting-into-the-right-mental-state bits take the remainder of the weekend.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍